Chef / Cook
Advertiser: The Diggers ClubMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Oct 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
- Family friendly hours
- Work with freshly picked produce from our kitchen garden!
- Beautiful Dromana, Mornington Peninsula location
The Diggers Club is Australia's largest gardening club with a renowned café restaurant which showcases our organic and fresh produce grown onsite at the Heronswood garden. This casual role requires an experienced and passionate chef or cook to join this small team.
This role would suit someone who likes working autonomously in the kitchen, has a flair for fresh food and is looking for family friendly hours.
The position is family friendly with 10am – 3pm hours across a shared weekly roster including weekends, with occasional extra hours in peak periods and for events. Perfect for those who are on school pick up and drop off duty! Salary is negotiable based on experience.
The ideal candidate will be able to embrace the thinking of the Diggers Club by understanding the garden to table concept and using local and organic products to drive our philosophy and provide a contemporary menu style.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Creating seasonal menus
- Managing all food purchasing and storage
- Developing events and food experiences
- Food safety policies and OH&S policies
- Acting as a hands on chef
- Maintaining a food budget and taking responsibility for this
- Developing ideas for events
- Developing menus in line with Diggers values and garden production
- Monitoring and maintaining a kitchen cleaning schedule
- Ensuring food safety audits are completed
- Developing and maintaining relevant networks and relationships with internal staff and external contractors, suppliers and vendors
If you possess the above-mentioned qualities, apply now via SEEK, for any queries please call Janet on 5984 7938.