Aboriginal Out of Home Care Support Officer
Advertiser: KARIMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Oct 2018
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- $48,000 - $57,396
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Do you want a job that will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in the day to day lives of Aboriginal children of all ages who are in need of support?
KARI’s Out of Home Care Program at Penrith has expanded rapidly in the last three years and we are looking to employ quality support staff to assist our dedicated caseworkers in supporting the many children and young people in our foster care program. We are looking for people to assist our caseworkers by providing transport support, contact visit supervision relief and mentoring to children and young people identified as needing additional support. A robust Induction Program will support the successful candidate in regards to their ongoing training and development.
This role is vital in regard to maintaining our high standard of service delivery. The person we are looking to employ would have the following attributes:
- Current NSW Drivers’ License with minimum requirement P2.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy in Word.
- Good report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
- Strong and reliable work ethic.
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated person to join our team and help us make a difference to the lives of children and families in their time of need.
For more information on the OOHC Support Officer position, or to apply, please contact Stephanie Cordwell on (02) 8782 0333 or via email email@example.com