Chef - Woy Woy, Central CoastPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Oct 2018
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
About the business
Catering Industries Pty Ltd is a leading provider of contracted hospitality services (catering, cleaning and laundry) to Australia's health and aged care, education, government, corporate and resources sector. We currently employ over 1,000 personnel across various operations in our active market.
About the role
We are seeking dedicated and experienced Chefs to join the kitchen team at our client's aged care facility in Woy Woy, NSW. This is a casual role with weekend shift work of up to 20 hours per week. You must be available to work on Saturday and Sunday.
Benefits and perks
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive hourly rate plus penalty loadings as per Hospitality Award. You will also receive comprehensive training to perform your role in a satisfactory manner.
Skills and experience
- 5+ year's experience in a similar role - aged care experience highly regarded.
- Reliable and punctual
- Collaborative and team player
- Ability to multi-task and perform work within deadlines
- Empathy and respect towards aged care residents, staff and clients.
- The ability to support the team in a busy kitchen.
- Must have own reliable transport.
- Ability to produce high quality meals in line with aged care food service guidelines.
- Assisting in menu design and implementation.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Empathy towards residents, staff and clients.
- High level of QA, WH&S, HACCP and Food Safety knowledge.
- Ability to support the chef manager in a busy kitchen.
- Excellent client liaison skills.
- Must have own transport
Why work with Catering Industries?
We are a family owned and operated business where our people are our backbone and it's their passion and dedication that has attributed to our substantial organic growth over the past 40 years. We emphasize a culture of service excellence, where our core values of CARE, COMMITMENT, INTEGRITY & TRUST are expected of all employees.
If you believe you have the key skills and attributes to be successful in this role, we would like to hear from you.
The successful applicant must provide a current Federal Police Check certificate, or be willing to apply for one.