Public Relations and Communications Coordinator
Advertiser: Alpha-HMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Oct 2018
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
Alpha-H is an award-winning, Australian skincare brand thats loved by beauty editors and influencers the globe over.
A rare opportunity exists within our Marketing Department, based at our global HQ on the Gold Coast, and would be ideally suited to someone who lives and breathes all things beauty, fashion and print and digital!
As the sole person dedicated to working in-house on Alpha-H's PR and Communications, you will be responsible for keeping the media and beauty alumnae up to date with the latest products and industry news on our award-winning brand.
You love to write, are passionate about all things print and digital alike, and love all things skincare, beauty and lifestyle!
You will have access to the team's designers, content producers, web developers, brand manager and strategist to help execute your many creative ideas, and will equally support others in the team to achieve their KPIs.
Alpha-H encourages a positive company culture, and is looking for a dynamic go-getter who can work autonomously but also contribute to the wider business with their friendly and helpful manner.
About you and the role:
- Creative and thinks out of the box when generating ideas, story angles and pitches to the media
- Exceptional media relations skills
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and chat to beauty editors
- A self-starter who knows how to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in delivering campaigns with strong industry contacts
- Experience working within the PR environment
- Some corporate or agency experience would be advantageous
- Work with the social media manager on community engagement as needed
- Ad-hoc copywriting and proofreading as needed by the marketing team (for example, copy for event signage, special offers etc.)
Generous employee perks and benefits
Fun, supportive and passionate work culture
This position is part of the global marketing team and works out of the Alpha-H headquarters in Helensvale on the Gold Coast
The office hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am – 2.30pm on Friday's with occasional overtime required during press events/launches etc.
- Ideally 2-3 years in a similar position within marketing or communications
- Strong network of contacts within the editorial and beauty realms
- Have a passion for and understanding of the beauty and skincare industry, including ingredients and trends
- Experience copywriting and editing (e.g. writing publications, newsletters and content)
- Experience in event planning would be advantageous
- You will be passionate and outgoing
- Hold a communications, marketing or business related degree
- You will be a team player but also be confident working unaccompanied