- Job Listing Date
- 5 Oct 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Technicians
Montague has an exciting position for a self-motivated Maintenance Technician at our Narre Warren North site.
This position will support the Plant Maintenance Manager in ensuring the safe operation, maintenance, repair and/or replacement of plant and equipment associated with automated fruit handling systems, refrigerated warehousing and general site maintenance.
This position will also be required to complete site inductions and oversee sub-contractor works along with completing SWMS. Preventative maintenance is essential for continuous improvement and production efficiency and is forefront of daily activities.
Rosters include early start, evening and Saturday work during part of the year.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Diagnose mechanical and electrical & PLC faults using traditional and computerised methods.
• Assess breakdowns and perform repairs as required including Electrical / Mechanical.
• Perform Mechanical / Electrical Scheduled Preventative Maintenance.
• Update and maintain the computerized maintenance system for works performed including any follow up work.
• Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Calibrate machinery and instruments as required.
• Support projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
• Identify hazards, maintain and enforce the Montague health and safety program to staff and any contractors on site.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following:
• Electrical/Fitter trade certificate
• Strong maintenance background
• Basic computer skills
• Able to work unsupervised
• Good communication and problem-solving skills
• Flexible with working hours
PLC knowledge and experience is of benefit. Experience in the use of automated grading systems used in handling produce and other machinery/equipment together with experience within a horticulture business, will also be highly regarded.
.Short-listed applicants will be contacted within the next 3 weeks.