Junior School Library Technician
Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Library Services & Information Management
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We are a 'Learning Community', which encourages staff, students, past students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and to identify themselves with its values.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Junior School Library Technician is to focus on the operational and technical aspects of the library and information services for Junior School. This can involve the operation and maintenance of systems that support acquisition, organisation and management of library resources, and staff and student access to information. They also assist with the implementation of services and programs which promote and foster research skill and a love of reading.
This role is Part Time 0.8 FTE term time only. You will need to be available to work every morning Monday to Friday, as well as 3 afternoons.
- Junior School Library support
- Weekly Junior School Library cataloguing: SCIS / Original
- Library loans during classes
- Oliver Library system maintenance and updates – add patrons, updates etc.
- Ongoing maintenance and updating of the Junior School Library website
- Library lunch time duties as and when required – assist Teacher Librarian with lunch time openings
- Book Week support and administration
- Project support
- Library Collections
- Assist in end of year Junior School Library stock take Teacher Resources
- Ensure the resources are re-shelved in the appropriate areas and these areas are maintained
- Re-shelve and maintain the posters and Big Books
- Literacy Resources
- Change Library displays regularly in 3 areas in line with reading interests and Junior School curriculum
- Assist with audio visual equipment: cameras, iPads, laptops
- e-Resources – occasionally researching resources for teachers
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a school library environment, using relevant equipment and technology
- Demonstrated experience previously working with students
- Extensive demonstrated cataloguing experience
- Strong digital and literary skills
- Experience with automated systems and databases
- Experience in producing promotional material
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with a range of stakeholders (students, teachers, staff, management etc.)
- A high level of problem solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a friendly and enthusiastic team while also having the ability to work autonomously when required
- Willingness to be rostered flexibly
- Enjoy the challenges of providing the administrative and technical support needed for a Library Centre to function effectively and efficiently
WHY WORK WITH US?
- The School environment is one of community and family
- Free parking on site
- Set professional development days
- Other free or subsidised activities - boot camp, gym access, swim training, cycling class, pilates, a very soon to be introduced Health & Wellbeing Program and more
For a copy of the full position description go to our employment page: http://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/useful-information/employment/
If this sounds like the job for you and you believe you have what we are looking for, then click on the "Apply for this job" button and submit your cover letter and resume.
Only applications received via www.seek.com.au will be accepted.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 17TH OCTOBER, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and as such, the interview process may commence immediately.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE