Advertiser: H4 ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Oct 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- salary negotiable for the right applicant
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Office Management
- Work regular part-time hours
- Help shape the company you want to work in
- Wages negotiable for the right person
At H4 Consulting, we are not like other management consultants. We specialise in working with public sector and publicly funded organisations. Public service is our vocation. We understand the unique challenges and opportunities involved in creating public value and we believe it's the best use of our skills.
We are a small company and plan to stay that way, building to our ideal team size of fifteen - small enough to stay flat and flexible but large enough to think big in the work that we do.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will run the office day-to-day and support a busy team of consultants on a wide range of client engagements.
The role is 50% of full-time, but negotiable within reasonable business hours. Could suit a parent returning to work during school hours, an older worker stepping down to part-time, or a student negotiating different hours each semester. For the right person, we will make it work.
As the Office Manager at the heart of our boutique consulting firm you will:
- Communicate with clients, team members and others to answer questions, disseminate or explain information
- Maintain and update physical and electronic records and filing, administrative policies and procedures, database systems
- Manage, direct and coordinate correspondence, both physical and electronic
- Compute, record, proofread and assist with the presentation of documents and data
- Complete basic bookkeeping, including generating and paying invoices, banking transactions, payroll and appropriate record keeping using Xero
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, take minutes and monitor actions
- Operate and order supplies for office equipment and stationery
- Ensure that the office is well-organised and well-presented
skills & experience
- Excellent client-focus and commitment to creating public value
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan for and meet deadlines
- Tact, discretion and commitment to client confidentiality
- Ability to work unsupervised as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Relevant qualifications and experience
- Public sector experience desirable.