Advertiser: Frontier Economics Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Oct 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Analysts
Frontier Economics is a boutique consulting firm comprised of highly skilled and experienced microeconomists. We provide consulting services to both public and private sector clients across a range of industries including energy, climate change, telecoms, transport, infrastructure, agriculture and financial services.
Making an impact for our clients means understanding their circumstances and critical issues – whether this is the commercial reality of their business, the forces driving customer behaviour, the implications of regulatory decisions, or even the political context. In all cases, we base our advice on sound economic frameworks and pride ourselves on our empirical work, generating results that can withstand even the closest scrutiny. The methods and models we use are often complex, but our advice is always succinct, clear, honest and reliable.
Frontier Economics seeks to grow our existing group of quantitative specialists with an energetic, resourceful, self-motivated individual who has two to four years’ experience in a professional quantitative role. We value highly individuals who can integrate strong problem-solving abilities and purposeful communication alongside their naturally numerate and technically superior skill-set.
Working in this role at Frontier Economics would involve:
- Working and solving complex problems using data – whether small, medium or big data!
- Developing suitable and superior analytics models, drawing on your understanding and abilities of statistical methods, machine learning, financial and economic modelling
- Integrating and contextualising analytical solutions within the end-to-end deliverables for clients through reports of findings, presentations, model handover and training, stakeholder engagements, and so on.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An economics (with quantitative major), data analytics, statistics, mathematics, finance or related undergraduate degree with strong academic results
- Two to four years’ experience in a professional capacity working as a quantitative analyst
- Excellent data handling, management and analytical skills
- An eye for detail and a devotion to quality control and self-improvement
- Outside-the-box problems solving skills and the ability to work solutions end to end
- Strong competency in Microsoft Excel and a language such as R or Python. Ideally also experience with databases through the use of SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record in working effectively and positively with clients or relevant stakeholders.
The position offers a generous base salary plus bonus.
If this position appeals to you or you would like to know more information please don't hesitate to contact Rob Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 8224 9709.
Please provide a cover letter, CV and relevant academic transcripts.