Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: Mackay CuttersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Oct 2018
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
It is an exciting time to be part of the QCCS Mackay Cutters!
As an organisation, we are more than just what you see on the field every weekend. Behind the scenes there is a dedicated and talented group of individuals that come together to form the QCCS Mackay Cutters team.
Our Team are now looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to continue to drive the strategy for our progressive club and take our brand to the next level. This role is not for the faint hearted, however your commitment and passion for the game of rugby league, inspiring leadership presence coupled with your business skills and financial acumen will be the platform for your success, and ultimately the Clubs success on and off the field.
There are many great reasons to work for our club, however none more satisfying than the impact our roles can have on the community. Rugby league has always been about the people and our strong brand presence. Coupled with our community initiatives and pathway partnership with NRL’s North Queensland Cowboys, these factors ensure that we focus on increasing participation in the game and giving back to our local community, Mackay where living in paradise is a part of everyday life.
The QCCS Mackay Cutters are an Australian semi-professional rugby league club based in Mackay, North Queensland. The Mackay Cutters are affiliated with Queensland Rugby League and are a pathway partner to the NRL’s North Queensland Cowboys. Our club comprises of three teams. Our senior team that competes in the state-wide Intrust Super Cup the Queensland 2nd tier rugby league competition of Australia, our under 20’s team that competes in the state-wide Hastings Deering Colts Cup below the Intrust Super Cup and an under 18’s team that competes in the state-wide Mal Meninga competition that runs for a shortened period. A young athletes academy structure sits below these teams and is an integral part of our pathway program.
About the role
The CEO will provide overall leadership, direction and coordination of all activities of the Mackay Cutters Rugby League Football Club (Mackay Cutters) in accordance with the goals and objectives as set by the Board of Directors, ensuring long term sustainability of the Code and the Club. The CEO encourages and promotes participation and pathways for all players in rugby league in North Queensland, ensuring effective development of rugby league in the area. The CEO also encourages and promotes our clubs strong community focus with an emphasis on health and wellbeing education within our local community. The Mackay Cutters have several very successful community programs in place.
To achieve all of this you will ideally possess the following:
· Strategy development and successful execution leading to improved business outcomes
· Experience in project management and budgetary management
· Highly developed written and verbal communication capability, including skills in networking and building effective relationships with stakeholders
· Experience in people & performance leadership with a minimum of five years in a Senior Management role
· Experience working with a Board of Directors
Make the move to the Mackay Region and experience what it’s like to work where you love to play.
Salary & Remuneration
· Remuneration package will be discussed at the interview stage
A Position Description for this role can be found on our website mackaycutters.com.au
SEEK applications should consist of:
· an up to date copy of your resume
· a short cover letter with an explanation of your suitability for this role in accordance with the PD
Apply now via SEEK for this fantastic opportunity!
· Please note: Applications close 11th November 2018. All applications are strictly confidential. By providing this information, candidates agree that on-list references may be contacted.