Legal Research Consultant
Advertiser: CompliSpace Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
About the Company
CompliSpace helps over 500,000+ students, more than 50,000 teachers, and over 1 million parents and carers every day. We also assist financial institutions including ASX listed entities and work with some of Australia’s leading Not-For-Profit organisations by making sure that they are working within their legal frameworks and requirements. By employing the highest calibre of people who are passionate about helping people, we strive to keep our clients safe, providing them with a complete Governance, Risk, Compliance and Policy Management solution. We take the worry out of meeting legal obligations. We know when there is a change in policy or an update in regulations and we update our clients accordingly. If clients need assistance with the functionality of their service, we’re here to help. Our products and platforms are essential to what we do, but our people are what sets us apart. We are dedicated and committed to the work that we do and we make a difference to people’s lives every day.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and require the services of an in-house Legal and Compliance professional.
About the Role
As our Legal Research Consultant, your primary functions will be to:
- Investigate and draft legally compliant policies for clients.
- We produce a variety of blogs, whitepapers and email alerts to inform our clients and others of latest changes in legislation or legal cases that may affect their business operations. This requires you to have the ability to write in an interesting and informative style to ensure our content is relevant, topical and highly sought after commentary.
- Provide consultancy advice to clients on the technical aspects of our content.
- Undertake research to study legislation as it applies to our various industry groups (above) and/or our clients. You will then 'translate' this into plain English to ensure our content encompasses the legislative requirements but at the same time, is easily understood by non-specialists in the area.
- Participate in strategies to develop new products.
- Take responsibility for developing first versions of new product content.
- Take responsibility for developing first versions of marketing and communications content for new products.
- Take responsibility for presenting internally and externally on new products.
- Take responsibility and provide support to internal functions on continuous improvement initiatives.
To be considered for the role you will need the following expertise:
- A tertiary qualification in law and at least five years post-qualified experience.
- Outstanding written skills - both a technical style of writing and a more creative 'journalistic' style of writing.
- Excellent researching, drafting, reviewing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to translate complex legislation into plain language.
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Comfortable using a variety of technology solutions. We use technology to manage our many different projects simultaneously.
Excellent working knowledge of the following will be highly regarded:
- Key governance standards (in particular, risk, compliance and complaints handling).
- Work health and safety principles.
- Human resources management principles.
Just as importantly, your personal characteristics will result in success in this role, so you need to be:
- Personable, confident and positive.
- Constantly striving for excellence with an uncompromising commitment to quality.
- Clear focus on delivering outcomes.
- Constant focus on innovative ways to improve the way we deliver our services.
- Team oriented with ability to work in fast growth environment whilst respecting others.
- Must have initiative and take ownership of tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as per above.
- High level of organisational skills, attention to detail and perseverance. Some projects may take some months to complete and you will be focused on this plus other projects at the same time.
- Enthusiasm for adopting an agile style of working.
- A person who is challenged by the constantly changing regulatory environment and adapts quickly to this environment.
By working at CompliSpace you can be part of a team that makes a difference in people's lives. We help schools provide a protected and secure envionment for all students and staff and a nuture a child safe culture.