Advertiser: RecstraMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Nov 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the business
My client is a leading professional Accounting body, with their Head Office based in Melbourne's CBD. Representing and supporting over 35,000 professional accountants around Australia and overseas, they are dedicated to supporting the Small Business Sector.
About the role
An opportunity has become available for a driven and organised individual to join the team as Assessment Officer.
The Assessment team is approved by the Australian Government to assess and approve applications for skills and qualification assessments, from qualified overseas Accountants, who require such assessments in order to apply to move to Australia to live and work permanently.
As Assessment Officer, you will focus on the review and assessment of skills and qualifications from applicants that aim to apply for migration to Australia, in accordance with Australian government regulations.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Undertake administrative processing of all applications from candidates.
- Assess migration applications by assessing against qualifications/skilled employment assessments criteria and processes.
- Verify the evidence provided in support of immigration applications and recommend suitability with reference to the nature and level of studies completed.
- Liaise with applicants or their agent to obtain additional information.
- Update relevant information in the database for outcomes and correspondence.
- Data Entry
Benefits and perks
- Training and development opportunities
- Re-vamped office space
- Celebrate important milestones and recognise individuals and teams
- Generous approach to leave arrangements
Skills and experience
As the successful applicant, you will have;
- 2-3 years' experience in similar role (accounting qualifications or exposure will be highly regarded)
- Good communication/customer services skills and sound telephone technique
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail and high accuracy in data entry and management
- Well organized, sound time management abilities and be able to multi-task
- Familiarisation of the Australian Home Affairs immigration requirements
- Ability to work confidently alone and within a team environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity towards students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds;
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button below!
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the role, please don't hesitate to contact me by email at email@example.com