Project Coordinator / Manager - Rebar Detailing
Advertiser: BDS VirconMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Nov 2018
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Management
BDS VirCon is a multinational Building Information Modelling and Detailing firm with a vast track record of iconic projects in Australia, USA and Europe. Its diversity, strong reputation and extensive track record offers a unique opportunity to work in a progressive, innovative firm - a global leader in its niche. BDS is headquartered in South Brisbane with ten offices across Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
The primary function of the role is facilitating information-flow between customers and the detailing and estimating teams. Your responsibilities will include checking, coordinating and reviewing drawings and change orders; troubleshooting issues; occasionally preparing drawings, estimates and/or bar lists; visiting customers and site offices; and liaising with customers regularly to meet project demands. This is a customer facing position and you will serve as a representative of the company in project related matters.
To be considered for this role, you must be degree qualified with at least 8 years of rebar detailing and scheduling experience. The ideal candidate will have/will be:
- Rebar detailing experience is a must;
- Working knowledge of aSa or Tekla detailing & estimating software;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and manage well at all levels inside and outside of the organization;
- Proficient understanding of building constructability, industry detailing and fabrication practices;
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure;
- Good problem solving and creative skills and the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Customer-oriented with ability to create lasting relationships by providing superior customer experience;
- Computer savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent work habits and organizational skills;
- Eligibility to live and work in Australia.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through Seek with the following reference:
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.