Experienced Botanist or Ecologist
Advertiser: Umwelt Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2018
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
A great opportunity for an experienced Botanist or Ecologist who is looking to progress their career working with one of the largest BAM accredited teams in NSW.
- Vibrant team culture
- Strong project diversity
- Employee ownership opportunities
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Botanist or Ecologist who is looking to progress their career in ecological consulting. Our ideal candidate would have previous experience as an ecological consultant, would enjoy dealing with clients and managing projects, and would have high level vegetation survey and mapping skills. The successful applicant will be focused on delivering high quality project outcomes.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic experienced Botanist or Ecologist who has:
- Sound technical ecological and project management skills including experience delivering ecological assessment and management projects in NSW
- Demonstrated extensive experience in planning and undertaking ecological surveys, particularly flora survey and assessment and vegetation mapping
- Experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including peers, clients and government agencies
- Highly motivated, self-directed and strong team commitment.
Previous experience in or accreditation under the NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) and/or Biobanking methodology would be highly regarded.
What we offer:
- A genuine career role for an experienced and enthusiastic Ecological professional looking to continue to develop their leadership skills and experience
- A role working alongside well-recognised professionals with one of the largest BAM accredited teams in NSW and the opportunity to mentor staff members
- A strong forward work load across a range of sectors and the opportunity to work on a range of diverse and technically challenging projects
- An attractive remuneration package.
We are a leading environmental and social consultancy committed to delivering high quality services, tailored to the needs of our regional, national and international clients. Our skilled team works across Australia in sectors including resources, Defence, infrastructure, government, industry and renewables. To learn more about what we do go to: www.umwelt.com.au
Our people are our number one asset and we are committed to providing a flexible workplace that supports our team to grow.
If you believe you meet the criteria, apply via SEEK by submitting your Covering Letter addressing how you meet the above essential criteria and your CV outlining your previous experience.
To discuss the role and/or the organisation you can contact Bianca Lockett on 02-4950 5322.
We will be interviewing suitable candidates as soon as they are identified and may fill the role prior to this date. We therefore request that you make your application for this role as soon as possible.
Umwelt are wholly managing this process and applications from third party recruiters will not be accepted.