Rice Extension Coordinator
Advertiser: Ricegrowers' Association Of AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2018
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Consulting & Strategy, Other
About the business
Rice Extension is funded by rice growers and the Australian Government through AgriFutures Australia and supports the adoption of innovation and R&D outcomes in the Australian rice industry. Focused on connecting rice growers with the latest R&D information, the Rice Extension team aims to improve the adoption of new research findings, leading to improved grower productivity, profitability and sustainability.
About the role
- Contract position until 30 July 2020.
- Provide strong, objective leadership and strategic direction for the rice industry extension program.
- Maintain and develop collaborative partnerships with industry, government, research providers and related extension services.
- Manage a team of industry extension officers, graduates and industry experts to deliver program objectives.
- Coordinate meetings, field days, industry events and associated communication activities to share R&D updates and maximise adoption of best management practices.
- Collate and communicate R&D feedback to an industry advisory panel and research community.
Benefits and perks
- Leadership opportunity in a dynamic industry which prides itself on innovation.
- NSW Riverina based role which will involve regular travel to liaise with growers, researchers and key stakeholders.
- Autonomous role which involves coordination of a small team to implement program activities.
- Exciting opportunity to shape the future of the Australian rice industry through innovative extension practices.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus car, phone and superannuation.
Skills and experience & How to apply
Skills and experience
- Tertiary degree or relevant experience in agricultural science or an associated discipline.
- Strong facilitation and coordination skills, with an ability to connect a diverse range of groups and individuals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maximise collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to develop and manage complex projects, budgets, provision of contracted services, a small team of staff and actively monitor and review project performance.
- An understanding of the rice industry and issues relevant to extension services is desirable.
How to apply
Candidates are required to address the essential selection criteria in a cover letter and submit a resume with their application. For further information and to obtain a copy of the selection criteria, contact the Ricegrowers' Association of Australia: 02 6953 0433 or email@example.com
If your skills and experience meet the criteria, click 'apply' to submit your application.
Applications close Thursday, 6 December 2018.