- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Clinical/Medical Research
Senior Administrator - DCRC
Part Time – 14 hours (2 days) per week
Neuroscience Research Australia (NeuRA), located in Sydney Australia, is an international leader in brain and nervous system research. Through laboratory and clinical research its goal is to find the causes of and cures for neurological and psychiatric diseases.
The position supports the administration of the NHMRC funded Dementia Centre for Research Collaboration (DCRC) evidence hub on early diagnosis prevention of dementia and cognitive decline. The DCRC has three hubs in total, each with a different research focus. The administrator will work closely with the parallel administrators based in the other two hubs to ensure the smooth running both of the hub and the DCRC. The administrator will be responsible for managing all aspects of hub administration. This includes the management and tracking of projects, budgets and finance, drafting periodical financial and non-financial progress reports for other hub members, the DCRC and the NHMRC as required.
- Completion of University degree in area related to health or equivalent
- Experience in science or health administration
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people effectively
- Experience in liaising and working effectively with a range of academic and non-academic staff
- Demonstrated time management skills with the proven ability to work under pressures and meet deadlines
- Highly developed computer skills particularly with Microsoft office software and in the use of spreadsheets
- Demonstrated excellent English oral and written communication skills, including the capacity to liaise with internal and external agencies, coordinate meetings, produce clear data and policy documentation, reports for funding bodies and administrative purposes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently with people from diverse backgrounds
- A demonstrated understanding of equal opportunity principles and polices and a commitment to their application in a university/research institution context.
For enquires and applications (addressing the selection criteria, please contact Lidan Zheng. email@example.com
Closing: Friday 30 November, 2018