Advertiser: ITP RenewablesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering
ITP is seeking a Graduate Engineer with skills in electrical engineering, data analysis, and technical writing, with experience in solar PV technology, CAD, and VBA/Python desirable.
The Graduate Engineer will work under the supervision of the Engineering Manager and provide assistance to the engineering team. Skills will be developed via on-the-job and formal training, with the intention that the Graduate Engineer will advance to a Project Engineer role in due course.
The Graduate Engineer will participate in project work in Australia and abroad, but will be based in ITP’s Head Office in Canberra.
Role and Responsibilities
Duties of the Graduate Engineer are expected to include (but not be limited to):
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of electrical technology, electrical theory, and electrical standards
- Design and performance modelling of photovoltaic and hybrid power systems (combining solar PV, small-scale wind, battery energy storage, and diesel generator technologies)
- Development of electrical schematics and 3D models of photovoltaic and hybrid power systems
- Contribute to technical reports including feasibility studies, technical specifications, and testing reports.
- Inspection and testing of photovoltaic and hybrid power systems
- Financial analysis of photovoltaic and hybrid power system projects
- Booking PV inspections, and review of inspector’s reports, as part of the nationwide PV inspections program
- Updating ITP Australia’s website
The right candidate will have:
- Engineering Degree with specialisation in electrical and/or solar PV engineering (essential)
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English (essential)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word & Excel (essential)
- Proficiency in Python (desirable)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (desirable)
- Proficiency in RE modelling software (eg. PVSyst, HelioScope, HOMER Pro, SAM etc.) (desirable)
- Proficiency in database software (Access, SQL server, My SQL or equivalent) (desirable)
About us and how to apply
ITP Renewables is a global leader in renewable energy consulting and implementation, with expertise spanning the breadth of renewable energy and energy storage technologies. We work throughout Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, and have a team of thirty renewable energy engineers and specialist strategic advisors with expertise in energy sector modelling, economic and financial analysis and policy. The team has professional backgrounds in industry, academia and government.
If you wish to apply, please send a resume and a cover letter describing your relevant experience and what you would bring to the role to email@example.com by 12:00 noon 7th December 2018, with “Position: Graduate Engineer” in the subject line. If you have questions about the position, please feel free to contact us at 02 6257 3511.
If applying though Seek, then resume and cover letter must be attachments to the application and not provided as text inserted into Seek forms.
* ITP Renewables is an equal opportunity employer.
* Applications are sought from direct candidates only.