Senior DevOps Engineer
Advertiser: SpitfireMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Nov 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Spitfire is a FinTech startup and our mission is to revolutionise the way people engage with their finances and transact in their daily lives, building the best of breed next generation Wealth Management platform.
This is a great opportunity to work with a highly skilled & fast-growing team on greenfield projects in financial services, trading and investment management.
We are at the cutting edge of technology. We have a modern technology stack, utilising the latest trends in Serverless, Microservices, AWS, Docker, CI/CD and are avid supporters of Python, Spark, Kafka and Functional Programming.
About the role
We are searching for a Senior DevOps engineer who is passionate about making complex environments simple through automation. You will contribute to projects on the main platform, internal Operations systems and big data projects - and you will fit in seamlessly with all of them.
You should also have the experience to join us and bring Best Practices with you. We don’t claim to have solved everything, so come and help us.
Many opportunities to learn in financial services and new technologies - we all have a thirst for learning.
Why join us
Do you want to get in early and help craft our future at a large well-funded FinTech based in the Sydney CBD and join a team of strong performers across tech, finance and investment? This is a great opportunity to join a growing team early on and help drive greenfield projects. Competitive Salary + pre-IPO Equity on offer.
- Self-starter with a real passion for building, running and deploying agile systems, data pipelines and anything in-between
- You are an ambitious teammate, happy to share perspective and experiences with colleagues to achieve the best results
- GSD, KISS are principles you live by, and you can thrive in a start-up, rapidly changing environment
- AWS is your bread and butter – e.g. API Gateway, Lambda/serverless & EC2/ECS/k8s microservices
- You know about Terraform and believe in Infrastructure as Code and automation
- You know how critical systems should be monitored and ensure the right people get informed at the right time. You consider High Availability is the only level of availability there is.
- You are serious about security, and ensuring fully secured environments enables you to relax
- You are comfortable working in a compliant environment e.g. PCI, SOX, etc
Great to have
- Programming Language Skills - e.g. Python
- CI/CD experience - Jenkins, CircleCI etc
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. If this sounds like you then please send your resume.