Graphic Designer (with Web Design/Dev Experience)
Advertiser: Ultimate Driving ToursMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Nov 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Design & Architecture, Graphic Design
Ultimate Driving Tours is a luxury travel business with a difference. We specialise in high-end driving, motorsport and track experiences the world over.
We are looking for a creative superstar to join our growing team and manage our marketing content, both print and digital. You will be charged with creating, updating and managing assets such as tour brochures, the website and tour pages, and social media content. You will also be required to create promotional and branding material.
The successful candidate will work closely with the company’s director and operations director. We’re not looking to hire staff, we’re looking to build our close knit work family with a self starter talent, and someone that will work hard and develop with us as the business expands.
The role is highly autonomous, and you will need to be proactive, self-directing and capable of wearing multiple hats each day without supervision. If you’re comfortable being challenged and operating in a high pressure but rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
You will need to have experience across diverse mediums and software. Mediums will include print media, websites, various social media platforms, digital marketing, branding/identify and more. You will need to be incredibly adept in the Adobe suite of programs including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and more, as well as Wordpress. Ideally you will also have photographic or video skills, as well as experience in the editing of such content (Photoshop/Final Cut Pro).
The successful candidate will be offered either a part-time or contract role, but happy to look offering a full-time position in the future for the right person. Salary/hourly rate is negotiable and based on experience/skillset. Only candidates with demonstrable experience and a recent design portfolio will be considered.
- Work with a wide range of media, graphic design software and web platforms
- Update existing print/digital/web media and content and create new content as required
- Manage content files (images/videos)
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Work collaboratively within a wider team of photographers, videographers, copywriters, digital marketers and generate additional content as needed/requested
- Work with flexibility and within tight deadlines in an often high pressure environment.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies
- Advanced experience in using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advanced experience with WordPress
- Experience with video editing (e.g. Final Cut Pro) would be viewed favourably
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the wider team (photographers/videographers, digital marketing, sales), and to interact, communicate effectively and present ideas
- Exceptional attention to detail and finish art
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including spelling and gramma
- Exceptional organisational skills, with proven experience in multi-tasking and managing a varied and high volume workload
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines
- Proactive, motivated, innovative and positive
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for design
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio. Accreditation in Graphic Design specifically is not crucial, but talent and experience in the above skills is essential.
- Individuals with an interest in motoring, motorsport and travel will be viewed favourably.
If this sounds like you, please send a cover letter along with your CV and design portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org