Production Operator - Cellular TherapiesPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Nov 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Cell Therapies is a unique enterprise that develops and manufactures innovative immune therapies and regenerative medicine products for patients, researchers and clinical trial sponsors. As a business, we are contracted by other companies to develop and manufacture their innovative products for Australian and international patients. In the last 15+ years, we have established our excellence in the field and are now acknowledged as an industry leader in delivery of these ground-breaking treatments to patients.
We are seeking a motivated cleanroom Production Operator to join our team. As a Production Operator, you will be tasked to perform critical aseptic manufacturing processes for clinical and commercial cellular therapy products. These products must comply with the Australian Code of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) for human blood and blood components, human tissues and human cellular therapy products.
This is a full-time position located at our new, state-of-the-art Melbourne facility, located at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre on the edge of the CBD in Australia's most dynamic biomedical precinct. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and get directly involved in the newest advanced therapies that can make a serious impact on patient's lives. Come join our team!
Key activities for this role include:
- Aseptically manipulating and processing human cells, tissues and blood components in a Grade B cleanroom environment in compliance with GMP guidelines;
- Set up manufacturing kits and equipment for manufacturing processes;
- Adhering to standard operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP);
- Completing batch records and other facility documentation;
- Performing environmental monitoring, calibration and maintenance activities related to process equipment;
- Participating in manufacturing process improvement activities;
- Routine overtime and some weekend work will be required; and
- Use of a variety of computer-based applications.
The ideal candidate has the following skills/experience:
- A degree in a life sciences discipline or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience working within a cleanroom environment and working in biosafety cabinets;
- Experience working in cell culture including aseptic media preparation, cell culture inoculation and harvests, performance of cell viability and cell counts, use of microscopes, performing calculations, pipetting, performing dilutions and aliquoting;
- Experience with large scale cell culture equipment such as cell savers, bioreactors, filtration systems would be advantageous;
- High level of accuracy, technical capability and attention to detail;
- A diligent and quality-driven approach;
- A clear and confident communicator;
- Ability to multitask and work autonomously as well as in teams; and
- Comfortable working within a hospital environment.
The Salary offered will be commensurate with skills, experience and industry standards. Company specific GMP training will be provided as part of the induction process.
Applications, including a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements of the role, should be submitted via "Apply for this job" link below. Please note that only applications received through this link will be considered. The selection process will include a practical skills assessment task.
For additional information and to contact us please see our website at www.celltherapies.com.au