Laboratory Assistant - Cellular TherapiesPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Nov 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Cell Therapies is a unique enterprise that develops and manufactures innovative immune therapies and regenerative medicine products for patients, researchers and clinical trial sponsors. As a business, we are contracted by other companies to develop and manufacture their innovative products for Australian and international patients. In the last 15+ years, we have established our excellence in the field and are now acknowledged as an industry leader in delivery of these ground-breaking treatments to patients.
We are seeking a motivated Laboratory Assistant to support our facility and product manufacturing teams who manufacture clinical and commercial cellular therapy products in compliance with the Australian Code of Good Manufacturing Practice.
This is a full-time position located at our new state of the art Melbourne facility located at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre on the edge of the CBD in Australia's most dynamic biomedical precinct.
Key activities for this role include:
- Environmental monitoring (microbial and particulate) within clean rooms using a variety of techniques; microbiological reading and reporting of results
- Completing other facility monitoring, alarm testing, maintenance and cleaning tasks and supporting documentation.
- Specialist cleaning of production equipment.
- Calibration and maintenance activities related to process equipment, safety cabinets, autoclaves; chaperoning external contractors to do same.
- Gowning for, working in and cleaning classified cleanrooms.
- Receiving and verifying incoming process materials.
- Adhering to standard operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Supporting production teams (moving equipment, samples, cells)
- Occasional shift and weekend work will be required.
- Liquid nitrogen handling;
- Preparing and packing materials for international and domestic shipping; and
- Use of a variety of computer-based applications.
The ideal candidate has the following skills/experience:
- A qualification (certificate or diploma) in a life sciences discipline or equivalent industry experience;
- High level of accuracy, technical capability and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience in accurate execution of standard procedures and recording of same, ideally in support of a highly complex research facility or production environment;
- Experience in an ISO or regulated environment would be advantageous;
- Experience in microbiology or cell culture would be advantageous;
- Experience in calibration of equipment would be advantageous;
- A diligent and quality-driven approach;
- A clear and confident communicator;
- Ability to multitask and work autonomously as well as in teams; and
- Comfortable working within a hospital environment.
This is a rare entry level opportunity to be involved in the delivery of novel and cutting-edge therapies.
Salary offered will be commensurate with skills and experience and industry standards
Applications, including a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements of the role, should be submitted via "Apply for this job" link below. Please note that only applications received through this link will be considered.
For additional information and to contact us please see our website at www.celltherapies.com.au