Senior HR Advisor
Advertiser: Infin8 CareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Nov 2018
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
Infinite Aged Care is a leading aged care provider in the Australian market providing a holistic, innovative and resident-centred approach to aged care. The group has five residential aged care facilities in Adelaide and three currently under construction in Queensland. With a strong team of 550 employees, Infinite Aged Care is fast developing a footprint through the rest of Australia during a rapid growth stage. It is an incredibly exciting phase for the business and a fun and rewarding place to be!
An opportunity exists to join the Infinite team as a full time Senior HR Advisor to provide quality advice and support on HR matters to the management team and wider organisation. A true ‘HR generalist’ role, operating across all HR functions with a core focus on talent retention strategies and enabling organisational growth.
This role reports to the Director of People and Corporate Services and is based on the National Office on the Gold Coast but will include travel to our various sites in Queensland. This would be an ideal fit for a dynamic, results-orientated individual who is passionate about adding value in everything they do and is looking for a new challenge!
• Provide oversight and HR generalist support across all Queensland sites
• Provide advice and assistance to the Management team in conjunction with the Director or People and Corporate Services on Industrial Relations & Employee Relations matters
• Develop and administer special projects as directed by the National Operations Team
• Manage all processes around grievance, performance, investigations, disciplinary actions, and conflicts
• Deliver accurate advice and recommendations on case management, contract, award and Enterprise Agreement interpretation
• Participate in the creation and continual development of HR policies, procedures and processes, ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements and alignment with the organisations’ core values
• Serve as a link for all Queensland employees to receive communications, updates and ensure clear lines of communication exist to conduct clear and transparent consultation processes
• Advise on changes in employment conditions and employment law
• Work with the Director of People and Corporate Services to manage the alignment of HR strategy to the organisation strategy
• Oversee Queensland record keeping and data entry in HR management systems and ensure compliance with legislative, policy and procedure requirements
• Drafting and issuing of employment contracts and other HR correspondence
• Lead and manage the Queensland Recruitment team to facilitate high volume recruitment including
o Conduct workforce planning with Facility Managers to enable timely availability of skilled staff
o Plan and coordinate each step of the end to end recruitment process including vacancy details, advertising strategy, interview structure, and selection criteria
o Finalise all position details with the Operations Team prior to proceeding to offer
• Manage turnover reduction plans
• Identify the developmental needs of others including coaching and mentoring to help managers improve their knowledge, leadership and people skills
• Assist managers to understand and implement policies and procedures including how to manage employee performance matters to achieve sustainable performance improvements
• Work in partnership with the management team to implement organisational improvements
• Act as an advocate for the organisation’s values, mission and vision, embedding the organisational culture during period of change
What we expect from you?
• Tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management, Employment and/or Industrial Relations, Business or Law
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally across a wide, multi-site organisation
• Previous aged care experience would be advantageous but not essential
• Up to date understanding of employment legislation, best employment practices and knowledge of employment law
• Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and the development of a supportive, collaborative work environment with the ability to coach, mentor, develop and manage team members
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain business relationships with all levels of stakeholders internally and externally including negotiation
• Strong eye for detail with an ability to problem solve and think on your feet
• Strong administrative skills including the ability to prepare high quality written documentation such as job descriptions, employment contracts, correspondence and reports
• Approach all tasks with the values of compassion, integrity, accountability, diversity, excellence and empowerment
• High level of resilience, fast learner, confidentiality and tact when dealing with sensitive situations
• Established time management and organisation skills, with capability to be flexible and manage competing demands as a professional with a high level of independence in their role
• Professional presentation and willingness to represent and act on behalf of the organisation providing the highest quality service deliver
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing policies, systems and processes
• IT proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and use of recruitment software.
• A good sense of humour will be useful!
If you are keen to broaden your skill set and gain exposure across the entire organisational operations, this role could be the right opportunity for you! We have a fun and innovative approach to business and are looking for new members to join our team that will help us to continue to grow at a rapid pace. We offer competitive remuneration, a contemporary team environment and a unique culture underpinned by strong values and ethics.
If you would like to be part of our leading team and have a passion for aged care please apply with a resume & cover letter outlining your skills and experience, why you are excited about joining Infinite Care, and how you can add value to our organisation.
Applications close: 5:00pm Monday 10th December 2018
Due to high application volumes, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Note: Candidates will be required to provide a National Police Check in accordance with Infinite employment and security conditions. Please note to apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia and hold a current Drivers Licence.