Advertiser: Galaxy Resources LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Nov 2018
- Albany & Great Southern
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Engineering & Maintenance
Trade's Assistant - Maintenance
Galaxy Resources Limited is an ASX listed lithium-focused resources company, with assets spanning Australia, Canada and Argentina. The Company owns the Mt Cattlin Spodumene Mine near Ravensthorpe in Western Australia. The Mt Cattlin mine is an open pit mine providing ore feed to the recently expanded and refurbished 1.6 million ton per annum capacity processing plant.
The role and its requirements
The company has a residential based (Ravensthorpe/Hopetoun area) position for a Trade Assistant (TAs) to work with the fixed plant maintenance team at Mt Cattlin. Mt Cattlin provides a very pleasant work location near the south coast of WA, and the region with the nearby towns of Ravensthorpe and Hopetoun, offer an inviting combination of rural and coastal lifestyle. In addition to competitive remuneration, the company also provides cost of living support to residential employees.
The purpose of this role is to carry out TA's activities including rigging and scaffolding work in support of the Mt Cattlin process plant maintenance. You will be a well experienced TA with rigging and/or scaffolding tickets with good work experience supporting fixed plant maintenance in a mining or heavy industrial environment. You will also be well suited to working in small flexible teams.
Your key responsibilities will be
- Assisting with plant and equipment repairs, change-outs and installation
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
Requirements of the role
- Commitment to workplace safety
- Have experience working as a trade assistant in maintenance/shutdown of mining/mineral processing plant and equipment
- Flexible and adaptable approach to changing circumstances
- Western Australian 'C' Class manual driver's licence
- Confined Space & Working at Heights
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company policies, procedures and statutory requirements
- Scaffolding and/or Rigging High Risk Work Licenses
- High Risk Work Licence – LF (Forklift) , CN (Non-slewing Crane), WP (Work Platform)
- Western Australian 'HR' Class driver's licence
Additionally, you will be a strong team player with good energy, initiative and a can-do attitude.
If you believe you are suited to this role, please click on the 'apply' button below or forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Candidates must be able to provide evidence, of the right, to work in Australia.