GMP Translator/QC AnalystPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Nov 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Quality Assurance & Control
Cell Therapies is a unique enterprise that develops and manufactures innovative immune therapies and regenerative medicine products for patients, researchers and clinical trial sponsors. As a business, we are contracted by other companies to develop and manufacture their innovative products for Australian and international patients. In the last 15+ years, we have established our excellence in the field and are now acknowledged as an industry leader in delivery of these ground-breaking treatments to patients.
We are seeking a motivated GMP Translator/QC Analyst to join our team, for an initial fixed-term. As a GMP Translator you will be assisting in the setup of a new facility and manufacturing process as well as the implementation of a GMP Quality System at one of our client sites located in Asia. Extensive travel commitments will be expected from the successful applicant with at least two-thirds of their time being spent on-site supporting the project in Asia. The travel rotation is 2 weeks on site in Asia and 1 week located at our Melbourne facility. The travel commitment will be for the duration the initial employment period. All expenses including business class flights and accommodation while on-site in Asia will be paid for by CTPL. While in the Melbourne location you will be part of the QC team performing routine task associated with the testing of cell therapy products
This role is being offered as a temporary full-time role for an initial term of seven (7) months, with the real potential to progress into a permanent full-time role within our Melbourne based QC team, working in our state-of-the-art facility, located at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre on the edge of the CBD in Australia's most dynamic biomedical precinct.
Key activities for this role include:
- The key activity for this role will involve working as a translator (oral and written) for experienced QA consultants while on-site in Asia;
- During the weeks whilst on rotation in Melbourne the successful candidate will perform routine tasks within our QC team;
- The role will include some overtime and weekend work as required.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Fluent in Mandarin (oral and written, including scientific terminology); and
- BAppSc or BSc in life sciences or equivalent industry experience.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Quality control testing experience with both fresh and cryo-preserved cell therapy products, including flow cytometry, tissue cultures, PCR, ELISA, safety testing and other cell-based assays;
- Understanding of maintenance and commissioning of equipment;
- Working within cGMP (Human Blood and Tissue) compliant service;
- Cell culture under aseptic conditions; and
- Understanding of medical microbiology.
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications, including a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements of the role, should be submitted via "Apply for this job" link below. Please note that only applications received through this link will be considered. For additional information and to contact us please see our website at www.celltherapies.com.au.