Duty Operations Manager | Emergency Operations Centre
Advertiser: Sonder AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Jan 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Management
Sonder is seeking experienced individuals from the emergency services sector or related support industries to supervise our 24/7 emergency support centre.
Sonder is a 24/7 safety and welfare service provider. At the heart of our operation is the Sonder Support Centre, which provides operational assessment, response, and incident management for our members.
Our Duty Operations Managers play a vital role overseeing our day to day operations, ensuring our members receive the help they need, when they need it.
What can we offer you?
We offer a collaborative, vibrant and passionate team of experienced professionals, within the Support Centre and across the organisation.
We will empower you to make critical decisions which support our members and meet Sonder’s priorities. We will enable you to provide this support through the guidance of clear standard operating procedures and training in, and access to, our extensive suite of cutting-edge technological tools and platforms. We will rely upon your critical thinking, leadership, and emergency management skills.
In addition to the pride you will take in knowing that your work makes a difference in ensuring the safety, wellbeing, and confidence of our members, we are a fast growing company, that can offer you the opportunity for advancement and professional growth and satisfaction.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Head of Support Centre, the Duty Operations Manager will supervise the day to day operations of the Sonder Support Centre, provide leadership for its Critical Incident Response Coordinators, and ensure a constant state of readiness and responsiveness.
You will work near Central Station in our secure Operations Centre. You will work a variety of shifts on a rotating 24/7 roster that is projected well in advance to allow personal planning, balance, and flexibility.
Your day to day activities include:
- Oversee daily operations of the team and Support Centre to ensure an efficient and accurate operating rhythm.
- Be the central point of contact to coordinate and communicate emergency responses.
- Action support requests ensuring all crisis situations are triaged and managed appropriately.
- Proactively identify productivity inefficiencies and recommend & implement necessary changes.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team.
- Manage stakeholder engagement.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is confident in their ability to assess a critical situation and determine, or recommend, the next steps. Empathy is essential.
You will have:
- Previous experience working in a problem-solving and management role, with a proven record of leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Previous experience in emergency service, operation centres, emergency dispatch, triple zero, emergency response, or critical inbound support centres, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Experience operating in a complex and high pressure environment.
- Superior written and spoken English communication skills. Fluency in other languages such as Spanish, Hindi, Mandarin, Thai, or Vietnamese, is desirable.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Successful candidates will be required to provide a Police Check and Working With Children Check.
Apply now because we can't wait to meet you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?