Advertiser: Camberwell Grammar SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Occupational Health & Safety
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We are a 'Learning Community', which encourages staff, students, past students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and to identify themselves with its values. We are proud of the warm spirit that characterises our school family.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The OH&S Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Risk and Compliance Manager with the implementation, assessment and review of a comprehensive occupational, health and safety management system (OHSMS).
This is a Part Time, 6-month Fixed Term role commencing January 2019, which will require you to be available 3 days per week.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the implementation of the OH&S Management plan and monitor compliance with the plan
- Develop and maintain the OHSMS
- Develop training programs on health and safety issues including hazard management, accident investigation, manual handling and fire safety
- Review the register of accidents and injuries and provide an analysis of these to the Risk and Compliance Manager, identifying emerging OHS risks within the School environment
- Monitor compliance of OH&S activities throughout the School
- Maintain the OH&S risks and register
- Assist with the implementation of OH&S induction
- Conduct OH&S audits in accordance with the audit schedule and report outcomes to the Risk and Compliance Manager
- Prepare OH&S reports as directed by the Risk and Compliance Manager
- Conduct workplace OH&S assessments where risks are identified
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Experience in quality assurance processes and commitment to continuous improvement
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety legislation and Codes of Practice
- Ability to work with groups of staff to develop health and safety performance improvement
- Ability to prepare and present training sessions
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes and commitment to continuous improvement
- Knowledge of safety issues in a School environment
To review a full position description please go to our employment page: http://www.cgs.vic.edu.au/useful-information/employment/
If you believe you have what we are looking for then click on the “Apply for this job” button now and submit your cover letter and resume. Only applications received online via seek will be accepted.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 11PM SUNDAY 9 DECEMBER.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received and as such, the interview process may commence immediately.
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to Child Safety. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children and where appropriate be able to demonstrate experience working with children. Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their understanding of, or any experience they have in working with children with diverse needs and/or backgrounds
NO AGENCIES PLEASE