DIGITAL MARKETING AND WEBSITE COORDINATOR
Advertiser: Bicycle QueenslandMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 26 Nov 2018
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
About the business
Bicycle Queensland is the pre-eminent voice for community cycling in Queensland. With about 18,000 members statewide, and 32,000 supporters on our database, we exist to help Queenslanders cycle safely. We are dedicated to the promotion of bike riding as a driving force for individual health and wellbeing, and the empowerment of sustainable development.
Over the past 40 years BQ has grown from a small collective of cycling enthusiasts to one of the largest and most influential community cycling organisations in Australia.
This role will be responsible for expanding our digital reach to engage new audiences. It's an existing role – your predecessor is changing career trajectory after many years of working with us.
Ultimately, our aim is to inspire all Queenslanders to ride safely with us, in our collective quest to get Queensland cycling.
About the role
We're looking for an enthusiastic go-getter to be responsible for:
- The development and maintenance of multiple websites, including the BQ website and different event and program websites.
- Design and dissemination of electronic direct mail and phone-based digital marketing initiatives.
- Management of the organisation's electronic mail and event databases.
- Regular reporting on digital analytics and search engine optimisation advice.
- Execute all design assets across traditional and digital channels using the Adobe Creative Suite.
Benefits and perks
- Contribute to helping us make the world a better place
- Work with a good team of people
- Opportunities to travel / participate in events
- Competitive salary package with annual leave benefits
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in (B.A or B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs including Excel and Word
- Three to five years marketing and/or advertising agency experience preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is essential – Photoshop, Indesign & Illustrator
- Experience in the non-profit or cycling sectors desirable
- Experience collaborating and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and schedules to meet deadlines
- Ability to adjust set priorities and adjust workflow as required
- Interest and working knowledge of non-profit sector
- Excellent communication/organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong focus on member services and understanding of member needs
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and communications skills
Proficiency with the following web production tools/techniques:
- Basic action scripting, and click tags
- Image Ready for web optimization
- Web Template Design & Coding
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and Microsoft Office products
- Mysql Database setup and development
- Mobile Web Application Design & Development
- Sitemap generating & in-depth knowledge of Google Webmaster Tools
- DNS Management, Cron job setups, A Records and MX Records
- WordPress Design & Development
Would you like to help us grow the number of weekly cyclists in Queensland from about 800,000 today to more than 1 million by 2020?
If you think this is you, please send a cover letter addressing the required criteria and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Wednesday 12 December and only successful candidates will be contacted further.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.