Teacher Librarian- Senior Secondary and Middle Years
Advertiser: Melbourne Montessori SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Nov 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
Melbourne Montessori School
Set up a Library for Senior Secondary and Middle Years Students
We are seeking a Teacher Librarian for commencement in Term 1, 2019!
This newly created position is to work primarily with International Baccalaureate students in Years 11 and 12 from 2019 but also across our middle school at our Brighton Campus. It's a very exciting time to join our school community as we need someone to set up our Library in our new secondary school and work with IB Diploma staff and students in the years to come.
As the Teacher Librarian you will facilitate and support the learning and teaching needs of staff and students. You will be in a unique position to design, and deliver effective and collaborative Library and information services and establish information skills programs to enhance curriculum outcomes. Experience in teaching Extended Essay or other IB DP subjects would be an advantage.
- An established kindergarten, primary school, and secondary school;
- A provider of quality education using Montessori pedagogy and soon to be authorised IB DP;
- A vibrant school community, approximately 450 students and 60 staff across two campuses.
- A part time, 0.5 FTE, days negotiable;
- Montessori education to Year 10 in a fantastic location in Brighton East;
- International Baccalaureate for Years 11 and 12;
- A dynamic and truly supportive team environment with proven success enhancing student learning outcomes.
- Experienced at working with the International Baccalaureate;
- Focused on working as part of a team to help staff and students;
- Energetic with a positive demeanour;
- Able to demonstrate highly developed communication and collaboration skills;
- Positive in approach to teaching in composite classes;
- Experienced with planning, assessment and reporting;
- A qualified Teacher with VIT registration;
- Able to demonstrate evidence of collaborative and effective practice in a current teaching context.
This position is to commence in Term 1, 2019
Find out more about us by visiting our website www.melbournemontessori.vic.edu.au
To apply, please submit a Resume and brief Cover Letter outlining your suitability for this position via the Seek website.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*
Melbourne Montessori School is committed to a Child Safe school environment and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.