Senior Front End Engineer
Advertiser: SpitfireMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Nov 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
Spitfire is a FinTech startup and our mission is to revolutionise the way people engage with their finances and transact in their daily lives. We are building the best of breed next generation Wealth Management platform and we want you to be a part of the team.
This is a great opportunity to work with a highly skilled & fast-growing team on greenfield projects in financial services, trading and investment management.
Using a polyglot back-end environment (Haskell, Scala, Java, Python, Docker, Serverless, AWS) we are building the next generation portfolio management system with a modern UI (React SPA) that supports new data and business models. As a SaaS provider, we get to decide on the libraries, technologies, architecture and execution.
About the role
We are searching for a Senior Front End or Full Stack engineer who is passionate about building modern user interfaces with the latest technology.
We want people who like to learn and share what they've learned back with the team
Please bring your experience and skills with you to contribute to our main platform and help drive our business forward - we don’t claim to have solved everything, so come and help us.
Many opportunities to learn in financial services and new technologies - we all have a thirst for learning.
Why join us
Do you want to get in early and help craft our future at a large well-funded FinTech based in the Sydney CBD and join a team of strong performers across tech, finance and investment?
We'll support your career any way we can, including participating in or attending conferences, contributing to open source libraries and encouraging you to learn new languages, skills and approaches to user experience, software architecture and design.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team early on and help drive greenfield projects. Competitive Salary + pre-IPO Equity on offer.
- Self-starter with a real passion for building, running and deploying modern web applications
- You are an ambitious teammate, happy to share perspective and experiences with colleagues to achieve the best results
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Be data driven in your decisions - using tools such as Google Analytics, hotjar etc.
Great to have
- Backend Programming Language Skills - e.g. Node.js, Java, Scala, Python. Full stack development encouraged
- CI/CD experience - Jenkins, CircleCI etc
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company, and as we grow are looking for more great engineers to join us. If this sounds like you, and you want to be part of our journey, then please send your resume.