Childrens Case Worker
Advertiser: Women's Community SheltersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Nov 2018
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
The Haven - Nepean Women’s Shelter is a crisis accommodation service for up to 6 women with or without dependent children, who are experiencing homelessness due to domestic violence, or other issues.
We are seeking an experienced Children’s Case Worker to join our team to work up to 25hrs per week, across 4-5 days a week with flexibility for shifts 1pm-6pm or 10am-3pm. These hours are open to negotiation and we would also require the worker to be flexible on occasion to fit in with the team and needs of the clients.
The Children’s Case Worker will be expected to create a safe supportive and welcoming environment for children in the shelter and provide case work for families, alongside the primary case worker. They will work with the other refuge staff to ensure a package of support is provided to the children and their mothers, ensuring sensitivity to cultural needs.
- Tertiary Qualification in Community Services or Social Work
- Demonstrated experience within the community services sector in a case worker capacity, preferably in children’s support
- Knowledge of the dynamics and impact of family violence and abuse and how best to support survivors, including the impacts of trauma on children
- An understanding of the health and safety requirements in providing services to children
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to use online case management systems
- Current first aid certificate or capacity to acquire one before commencement
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- The right to live and work in Australia
We consider being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) and sections 30 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth).
Please send a covering letter, addressing all essential criteria, plus your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED PRIOR TO 14 DECEMBER 2018 AT 5PM.