Advertiser: SerametrixMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Dec 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
About the business
Serametrix provides solutions to the problem of monitoring immune response to immunotherapies in clinical trial cancer patients. We standardize and provide access to proven technologies from trusted leaders in the field of immunooncology. As a commercial entity we excel in combining technical expertise with practical deliverability to move the clinical development of new drugs forward faster and more efficiently.
About the role
Candidates must be quick learners, have the ability to work independently and efficiently, and possess strong attention to detail across various tasks. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager in California, USA.
Ideal individuals must be motivated, punctual, and positive team players. Company is to provide full on-the-job training; however, successful candidate would preferably have working knowledge of laboratory practices and standards, including but not limited to, lab safety and quality.
To be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate leadership capacity or previous experience; experience in lab maintenance and leadership is highly regarded in this position.
Qualified local candidates are considered and encouraged to apply.
Hours Required: Standard work schedule, TBD.
Lab Technician Duties
- Assist with laboratory ordering, receiving and set up
- Perform accurate and timely Laboratory functions with minimal supervision
- Maintain, observe, and take part in the statutory safety requirements of the Laboratory operation
- Maintain the laboratory facility according to standard regulation requirements
- Calibrate laboratory equipment as required for daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance
- Sample handling, accessioning and data entry
- Conduct testing in accordance with laboratory SOPs, work instructions, test methods, preparation instructions and manuals.
- Prepare reagents and buffers
- Operate analytical instruments, specifically to flow cytometry
- Data analysis using FlowJo software
- Track inventory and re-stock supplies as needed
- Report daily check-in and assignments
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone lines, scanning documents, filing, record keeping, ordering and receiving products
- Prepare outgoing shipments
- Prepare for internal/customer audits
- Maintain QA/QM processes including, but not limited to, laboratory records, logs, and electronic filing systems, and create new processes when necessary
- Assist with developmental studies and experiments
- Train incoming technicians on all processes and procedures accordingly
- General housekeeping duties around the lab
Skills and experience
- Experience with Flow Cytometry
- Experience in a GLP or ISO15189 facility
- BAS degree in science related field or equivalent
- Laboratory leadership or management experience
- Must be an Australian citizen or legally eligible to work in Australia
- Liaise with and report directly to global management in California, USA and on occasion with the United Kingdom
- Possess an understanding of general science concepts
- Have a Diploma of Applied Science, a Certificate IV or equivalent
- Good time management and organizational skills
- An ability to cope with competing priorities and deadlines
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Professionalism and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Australian and Industry standards
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle, with reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Proficient in general lab practice
- Ability to oversee all laboratory responsibilities
- Maintain a commitment to safety and quality
- Demonstrate capability to operate various lab equipment and machines
- Ability to work with whole blood specimens
- Ability to follow and complete SOP's
- Ability to use computer systems and software
- Proficient in Apple/Mac systems, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook