Graduate Associate, Higher Education
Advertiser: Wells Advisory Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2018
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- $60,000 pa including super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Other
Wells Advisory is a specialist, higher education, management consultancy. Established in 2015, we work closely with a diverse range of public and private higher education institutions, advising on governance and management, change programs, educational start-ups and growth plans and strategies in higher education. Education is now Australia’s third-largest export sector and the country’s leading service export sector overall contributing $32.2 billion to the economy in 2017. Our clients are leading universities and private higher education providers in Australia.
The Wells Advisory team has worked in universities, TEQSA, government and private enterprise which provides multi-dimensional and experiential perspectives that underpin the practical and feasible solutions we develop with clients.
Our practice spans four primary service areas: Higher Education Regulation and Governance, Strategic Planning, Business Performance and Organisational Reform. More details about our team and services can be found at www.wellsadvisory.com.au
We are seeking to expand our core team of six with a Graduate Associate, Higher Education. The candidate will be interested in higher education, nationally and internationally, with a view to gaining experience as a specialist, higher education management consultant. This unique opportunity would suit recent graduates in social sciences, humanities or education looking to become a consultant. Successful applicants will need to have demonstrated qualitative and quantitative competencies and outstanding written and spoken skills.
The Graduate Associate would become an employee of Wells Advisory with benefits and opportunities including:
- Professional development opportunities such as training and attendance/presentations at conferences;
- Exposure to a broad range of private providers and public universities and their networks;
- Working with a collaborative and dynamic team;
- Mentoring from senior staff; and
- Driving improved outcomes for clients.
The Graduate Associate is a full-time position and reports to the Principal, Wells Advisory. The successful candidate will be trained by the Senior Analyst to equip the Graduate Associate with the core skills needed to succeed in the role.
- Contribute to written reports and presentations for clients;
- Synthesize and analyse qualitative and quantitative data for projects;
- Provide insights and solutions to projects, from time to time, presenting these findings to clients;
- Develop project schedules and Gannt charts;
- Enable and promote a culture of evidence-based enquiry using business intelligence;
- Work effectively in a team and respond effectively to feedback about your work;
- Support the execution of our social media strategy.
Selection Criteria – Essential
Please provide a covering letter, CV and response to each of the selection criteria below.
- Bachelor graduate in social sciences, humanities, education, or related discipline;
- Interested in strengthening knowledge about the higher education sector;
- Qualitative and/or quantitative research and analytical skills that can be translated into written reports to explain the business impact;
- Ability to work as a professional in a team environment;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; (please attach an example of a written report- no more than 5 pages)
Selection Criteria - Desirable
- Honours, masters or doctoral studies in related disciplines
- An understanding of higher education policy nationally and internationally.
- A demonstrated competency in data analysis and business intelligence tools, including sophisticated Excel, PowerPoint and ThinkCell user;
- Relevant work experience gained during study years or more recently – note – does not require post-graduation work experience
Reporting line: This role reports to the Principal.
No. of direct reports: 0
Remuneration: $60,000 per annum including superannuation
Probationary period: 3 months. Following successful achievement of agreed KPIs, the candidate will be confirmed in the role for a three-year, fixed term basis.