Assistant Publisher - business publications
Advertiser: Business Advantage International Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $90K salary, pro rata
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Editing & Publishing
About the business
We are a fast-growing, boutique media and communications company, based in state-of-the-art offices in Melbourne's CBD. Our print and digital publications are respected for their editorial quality and have a growing readership. Now we need someone to take us to the next level.
About the role
Ready to take the next step up? We are seeking a polished, resourceful and energetic publishing professional with both digital and online experience to fill the role of Assistant Publisher.
Reporting to the Publishing Director, you will have direct responsibility for the production and quality of a small but growing range of international-quality print and online business publications.
We're a business, so a key part of your role will be to ensure that the publishing program supports the company's commercial goals.
Benefits and perks
- $90K salary, or pro rata
- Initial hours: 0.8 to 1.0 FTE, depending on the candidate
- A friendly, flexible work environment in state-of-the-art premises
If you think you have the experience, knowledge and drive to succeed in this role, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills and experience
The following skills are a given for anyone seeking this important new role:
- A thorough grounding in commercial print and online publishing
- Strong commissioning experience
- The ability to drive and manage a team of in-house writers and editors, and freelancers
- The ability to write top quality business features without the aid of an editor
- The ability to transform raw material into reader-friendly content
- An obsession for accuracy, consistent style, and reader appeal
- A demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Sound project management and organisational skills
- A willingness to take on new project
More than that, you will be across the latest developments in online journalism and publishing, and will know how to shape and enhance editorial content so that it appeals to humans and search engines alike.
- Commissioning and publishing non-traditional forms of digital content (eg video, graphics)
- Online content management systems (eg Wordpress) and
- The Adobe suite of publishing tools would also be a significant advantage.