Advertiser: Industry BeansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $55,000 plus super and bonus
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
Launched in 2013, Industry Beans is an award-winning specialty coffee roaster, café operator and retail brand. From our flagship location in Fitzroy, we roast daily for our own venues, a family of premium hospitality venues around Australia and a large online community.
From grassroots beginnings, Industry Beans has grown into a refined hospitality and coffee brand, with exciting opportunities coming up for hospitality professionals of every experience looking to grow within an innovative and diverse company.
In February 2019, Industry Beans will open its first cafe concept in Sydney. Combining a full-service Dine-In experience with high-volume take away, Industry Beans York St will be a new specialty coffee and food experience in the CBD.
We’re looking for a Café Manager to take ownership of our first venue in Sydney. The right person will be experienced and passionate with a strong work ethic and the ability to lead a team to deliver the ultimate customer experience. Responsible for managing the front of house and kitchen team, this role requires a person with multifaceted experience and skills.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Be a key part of the team of a brand new café concept for Sydney
- Develop and lead a new team with the support of the Industry Beans brand
- Work with a leading specialty coffee roaster with an innovative approach to coffee and food
- Be supported by a strong senior management team and involved owners
- Benefit from attractive remuneration and incentives
- Grow within an exciting and fast moving company
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing a positive team culture, consistent with the Industry Beans brand values
- Developing and maintain a high-quality product offering, with ongoing staff education and appreciation for quality
- Driving staff to provide an outstanding service experience
- Managing the venue’s administration, systems and ordering
- Using weekly and monthly reporting standards to improve venue performance
- Identifying opportunities to increase sales and improve the customer experience
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have:
- A passion for specialty coffee and hospitality
- At least two years’ experience in a similar management role
- Strong all-round FOH and barista skills
- Experience in managing a full-service kitchen
- A passion for creating the ultimate customer experience
- Advanced interpersonal, communication, customer service and leadership skills
- A strong work ethic with ability to meet and surpass KPIs
- Both an ability and enthusiasm to manage systems and software
- A current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (desirable)
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate (desirable)
Please apply with a cover letter detailing your experience in the areas outlined above. We look forward to hearing from you!