Advertiser: Industry BeansMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Dec 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
Launched in 2013, Industry Beans is an award-winning specialty coffee roaster, café operator and retail brand. From our flagship location in Fitzroy, we roast daily for our own venues, a family of premium hospitality venues around Australia and a large online community.
From grassroots beginnings, Industry Beans has grown into a refined hospitality and coffee brand, with exciting opportunities coming up for hospitality professionals of every experience looking to grow within an innovative and diverse company.
In February 2019, Industry Beans will open its first cafe concept in Sydney. Combining a full-service Dine-In experience with high-volume take away, Industry Beans York St will be a new specialty coffee and food experience in the CBD.
We’re looking for a Head Chef to take ownership of the kitchen in our first venue in Sydney. Reporting to the Café Manager and Hospitality Operations Manager, the Head Chef will be responsible for all kitchen operations. The Head Chef is key to establishing and delivering a high standard and consistent quality of all menu items and kitchen operations from the initial day of operation.
The right person will have proven experience in a fast-paced kitchen and experience leading a kitchen team. A commitment to high standards of kitchen preparation, plating, cleanliness and food safety standards is crucial to this role.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Be a key part of the opening team of a brand new café concept for Sydney
- Develop and lead a strong, passionate team of chefs
- Take responsibility for an innovative menu supported by an award-winning brand
- Be supported by a strong senior management team and involved owners
- Benefit from attractive remuneration and incentives
- Enjoy working day time hours only
- Work with a professional cafe team to support the kitchen
- Grow within an exciting and fast moving company
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing and leading a strong kitchen team to deliver consistently, high quality food
- Ongoing recruitment and management of the kitchen team
- Ongoing development and refinement of dine in, takeaway and catering food menus
- Timely and effective service of high quality food
- Responsibility for managing cost of goods and wage targets
- Stock management including ordering, rotation and wastage control
- Manage all food safety compliance
- Ensuring the implementation and compliance of systems and service standards
- Overall kitchen management including maintenance and cleaning
You’ll be perfect for this role if you have:
- Minimum Cert III Commercial Cookery
- A minimum 3 years in a similar role
- A sound understanding of all kitchen operations
- A passion for innovative cooking techniques
- A modern approach to kitchen and food management
- Creativity in menu development
- An understanding of food costings and business management
- A positive and professional demeanor
- Current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Current First Aid and CPR course (desirable)
Please apply with a cover letter detailing your experience in the areas outlined above. We look forward to hearing from you!