Digital Developer / Designer / Web - Creative Brand and Design Studio
Advertiser: BlueboatMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Dec 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Web Development & Production
IMAGINE YOURSELF HERE: We have a full-time seat available in our growing digital department for someone who is passionate about the intersection of design and technology. Are you the right candidate? Are you a junior developer who thinks visually? A coder who understands the value of negative space? A geek with a curiosity and willingness to continually learn because they love the process? Yep? Well here’s the kicker, if this is you, it goes without saying you believe that the digital world is an awesome place - ripe for exploration. Today. Now.
At Blueboat, we have a healthy disregard for boundaries, we enjoy pushing them, it’s how we achieve great design solutions. As a brand and communication studio, user experience sits at the core of our digital products, and we expect that you share this sentiment. SO, if you’re excited by thinking on your feet, solving problems, and seeing your ideas come to life, we need you.
Our belief is that digital experiences embody the look and feel of their purpose, that form and functionality are intertwined elements of design DNA. If you’re a person who gets a buzz from a well executed search query as well as the intuitive user interface that served it – what are you doing? Get your resume in front of Martin! Pronto!
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing HTML templates
- Building custom WordPress themes
- Building custom WordPress plugins
- Maintaining WordPress installations
- Understand the relationship of design to user experience goals
- Coding EDMs, splash pages, rapid prototypes
- Testing and debugging across browsers/devices
- Staying on top of current trends and technologies
Required skills / experience:
- WordPress - Theme and plugin development
- Migration / deployment of websites
- Mac environment
- Bootstrap framework
- File management and naming conventions
- Ability to follow a brief
- Take initiative but ask questions when needed
Bonus skills / interests:
Respond with your CV and link to a digital portfolio to our digital guru, Martin. email@example.com
In your cover letter tell us what sets your virtual world on fire.
We’d love to see some websites or digital experiences that inspire you and hey, tell us why….briefly. You know you want to.