Advertiser: Western Metropolitan Regional CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Dec 2018
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $75,000 - $79,999 plus super
- Work Type
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
The Western Metropolitan Regional Council is a local government organisation with five Member Councils. It provides waste reduction, recycling and waste management services; and operates the West Metro Recycling Centre in Shenton Park.
This contract role, initially for 6 months, is focussed on the planning and execution of WMRC business development projects.
The principal duties are:
- prepare project plans, feasibility studies, risk management plans and project proposals;
- draw up tender and other procurement documents;
- review tenders and commercial proposals;
- manage service contracts;
- prepare project planning and progress reports
- manage service contracts; and
- manage relationships with customers, service suppliers and other stakeholders.
Applicants should address the following selection criteria:
- Knowledge of good waste practices including avoidance, minimisation, reuse and recycling.
- Project planning, coordination and execution experience within a team environment.
- Experience in the preparation and letting of tenders and other procurement instruments.
- Contract management experience.
- Current Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence.
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, engineering or a related field.
- Experience in working with or in State or Local Government.
- Experience in working with or in waste management industry.
- Safety management experience in an operational environment.
Applications close 17 December 2018