Project Archaeologist - Sydney or Wollongong
Advertiser: Biosis Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Dec 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
Biosis is looking to appoint an ambitious archaeologist specialising in Aboriginal heritage to join our team in either our Wollongong or Sydney office.
Working closely with our multi-disciplinary team of professionals, you will become an integral member of the archaeology team in NSW, a key contributor to various projects throughout NSW and a driver for the development of our heritage capabilities in the region.
You will provide archaeological advice and guidance to our clients, undertake heritage assessments, community consultation, manage and participate in projects, produce high-level technical reports and proposals and maintain a profile in the professional community as an archaeologist. The successful applicant will assist with developing the Aboriginal heritage section of the NSW heritage team, reporting to and working closely with the heritage team leader.
The Biosis heritage team in NSW is currently undertaking a range of Aboriginal heritage projects of national significance and we are looking for enthusiastic individuals to be a part of these projects. Our projects span across NSW and include remote locations.
Essential selection criteria
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Aboriginal archaeology.
- A minimum of three years heritage experience in either consulting or the public sector.
- Comprehensive interpersonal and relationship building skills, including experience in community consultation.
- Experience in project management and budget control.
- Comprehensive report writing and proposal writing skills.
- An understanding of Commonwealth and NSW legislation relevant to Aboriginal heritage assessments.
- Experience working independently and as a part of a team.
- Competency with computer programs and software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or similar software packages.
- A current manual driver's license.
Desirable selection criteria
- Experience in the broader NSW and Sydney region.
- Understanding of Aboriginal heritage assessments, legislation and guidelines.
- Experience in tender preparation and client management.
- Skills in the development and maintenance of lasting client relationships.
- Experience in marketing, business development and client relationship management.
Biosis offers the security of an established firm with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, and a supportive and vibrant work culture. We will provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base salary plus super. Our heritage team works collaboratively across the company and you will have opportunities for mentorship by a range of industry experts within Biosis..
As a Biosis employee, you will be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- professional development program, including allowance
- employee reward and recognition program
- flexible work arrangements
- mentoring and training program
- study assistance
- employee assistance program
- social activities
- internal job opportunities throughout Australia.
Biosis provides employees with opportunities to expand and grow their careers in a well-supported, client-focused environment. You’ll be given the opportunity to explore new environments and technical specialties. This position would suit an established archaeologist who is looking to build upon their existing skill base and further develop their career.
To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter, providing examples of how you meet the selection criteria, to: Amy Byrne email@example.com.
For more information, contact Amy Byrne on 0438 191 025.
Applications will close at 5pm on Wednesday 19 December 2018.
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.