- Job Listing Date
- 6 Dec 2018
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Applications are invited from motivated individuals who want to work with laboratory rodents in a medical research environment. The Animal Attendant role is currently available for casual, and 3 hour shifts Saturday/Sunday where required.
Duties will include cage and room hygiene, cage wash, preparation of materials for sterilization, glassware, routine mouse husbandry and other duties as required. This is a busy role, requiring repetitive lifting and is ideally suited to an active, enthusiastic person. Full training will be provided for the successful applicant.
The essential skills for this position include:
- Concern for animal welfare
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment to Work Health and Safety
- Completed or current enrolment in relevant TAFE course (or equivalent)
- Rodent handling experience
- Degree in animal science or similar
For any queries: please email email@example.com.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply for the role: please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the link provided.
Applications must include:
- covering letter addressing the essential skills,
- curriculum vitae (CV) including academic transcript, and
- full contact details of at least three recent professional referees
Applications close 3 January 2019.
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine And Cell Biology is a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney located at Camperdown.
For more information about Centenary please visit our website www.centenary.org.au
The Centenary Institute supports The Centenary Institute supports Equal Employment Opportunity. We value diversity and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, LGBTIQ individuals and applicants of diverse cultures and ages.