Director or Advisory Board member
Advertiser: Capricorn PowerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Dec 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, Board Appointments
About the Company
We have a new way of turning heat into electricity, and our vision is to create a new source of sustainable electrical energy out of waste heat, manufactured locally and exported globally. Our key point of differentiation is that at up to megawatt scale we generate up to 3 times the electricity from the same heat source as competitors (Organic Rankine Cycle engines) at similar cost. In combination with a thermal battery to maximize the value of energy by time-shifting high-grade heat, this offers a compelling customer value proposition. The technology is patent-pending.
We completed a demonstration event of our proof of concept at a customer site in October 2018, and a further demonstration at a waste water treatment plant (flare gas heat) is planned in early 2019. We have completed a 125 kW Front End Engineering Design (FEED), our first commercial product, and has an agreement to demonstrate this at a burn-off furnace in Melbourne in Q4 2019.
About the role
We are searching for Directors and Advisory Board members who want skin in the game while working with the founders to rapidly grow the company.
The successful candidates will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Expertise scaling Hardware/Energy business/Product Development
- A personal track record of investing in and leading growing companies
- Previous experience being a Personal confidant/Mentor to a CEO/MD
- Previous experience as a small business owner/founder
- Successfully exited previous company/companies
- Independent thinker
- Connections to large energy or national or international companies
Candidates will also:
- Culturally fit into a renewable energy sector, early-stage company
- Be committed to meet and attend regular meetings
- Be willing to be evaluated on annual basis
Any candidates that are a highly regarded public figure in the energy, sustainability or other relevant sector will be looked upon favorably.