TAX | BUSINESS SERVICES ACCOUNTANT (INTERMEDIATE | SENIOR)
Advertiser: R&D AccountingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Taxation
ABOUT THE FIRM
Located in Toowoomba, this well-established Professional Practice firm is seeking an Intermediate or Senior Accountant to join their close knit and growing team.
R&D Accounting is a dynamic firm of accountants and business advisors who specialise in working with Small Business clients. Our primary services are Accounting & Taxation, specialising in Structuring, Business Mentoring, Tax Minimisation, Asset Protection and building personal wealth.
The culture of our firm is very important to us, and it can only be achieved by employing the "right"people. While we believe that we provide outstanding technical services to our clients, it's just as important to us that the experience for our clients is one they enjoy. Having the ability to provide the answers our clients want is obviously important, but so is friendliness and being available to our clients when they need us.
We are a progressive firm who does not monitor employees via the conventional productivity and write-off methods. Our belief is that Partners should trust staff enough so they do not need to constantly worry about someone looking over their shoulder. We believe our staff should be concentrating their efforts on the best interest of the client and the firm and by working with the partners to achieve this.
Our staff turnover is very minimal with the majority of our staff having been with the firm for many years. This allows our firm to grow with our staff and clients to achieve a high level of service as our accountants know their clients businesses.
If you are seeking a role within Professional Practice with a growing and supportive culture, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual, that values collaborating as a team and who is looking for an opportunity to grow and develop in the Public Practice Accounting industry.
As an R & D Accounting Taxation Accountant you will work closely with our Partner and Associate to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
As an Intermediate | Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare individual, partnership, trust and company tax returns across various industries
- Prepare financial statements for companies, trust, partnerships and individuals
- Prepare Business & Instalment Activity Statements
- Undertaking research into complex tax issues - such as GST, CGT, and Div 7a
- Tax Planning for a variety of SME clients
- Assisting clients with accounting software solutions (Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks)
Due to the level of this role, you will also be required to maintain relationships with clients, assisting with queries through meetings, as well as phone and email correspondence.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 2 years experience in public practice accounting
- Degree qualified (studying CA|CPA); or experienced without formal qualifications
- Excellent communication skills - both written & verbal
- An enthusiastic attitude and keen eye for detail
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
Ideally applicants would have had experience with the Handisoft suite of products, MYOB, Reckon, Banklink, Quickbooks & Xero.
- Salary Packaging
- Training - Seminars & Webinars
- CPA|CA Study Support
HOW TO APPLY
Starting date to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Immediate start is available but we understand that many people have holiday plans over the Christmas & New Year period so a late January or February start would be fine.