Cosmetic Formulation ChemistPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- $50,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Chemistry & Physics
About the business
Starshine Marketing is a leading retailer in the skincare and cosmetics industry, based in Melbourne. We are committed to creating beauty products that combine the best of nature and luxury.
With over one hundred distribution points across Australia, Asia and Europe, we have successfully established our standing in the global cosmetics industry.
About the role
An exciting career opportunity has become available to take on a Cosmetics Formulation Chemist role within our Support Centre offices in Braeside. Specifically, we are looking for a professional with experience in the field of natural and organic skin care products. This is a full time role that will work on our new and improved product line (approximately 25 products).
- Research and Development of innovative and creative formulations that meet COSMOS natural or organic standard
- Sourcing raw materials and analysis of information to determine COSMOS standard compatibility
- Design and formulate products to a high standard of efficacy and performance
- Perform calculations required to meet COSMOS certification
- Optimise formulation cost
- Develop a product stability program and monitor testing
- Continuous clear and organised record keeping and documentation of product development, test results and analyses
- Implementation of standards as required by TGA, COSMOS and GMP
- Work closely with the R&D department and communicate the status of projects to ensure that the formulation has been developed to meet the claims on brief
Benefits and perks
- Impressive Reward and Recognition Program, staff discounts and product allowances
- A "recruit from within" culture for high performing individuals who aspire to grow
- A rewarding workplace filled with challenges and opportunities, where professional and personal growth and achievements are limited only by one's efforts and abilities
Skills and experience
Are you who we are looking for?
- Experience in formula design, ingredient sourcing, sample making, stability testing and monitoring of natural and certified organic skincare products
- A self-motivated individual that works well within a team
- Has an innate passion for skin care and cosmetics and has a drive to develop a product range that pushes the boundaries of natural and certified organic products
- Demonstrates sound analytical skills, with a high level of computer literacy
- A proactive self-starter, adaptable & flexible to change
- Works with outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid problem-solving and organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete tasks within specified timeframe
Primary Experience required:
- Tertiary education in chemistry or a relevant field
- Must have knowledge and experience in formulating natural and organic formulations with good product stability
- Preparation of pilot batch and scale up of lab batching
- QC background and manufacturing experience
- Knowledge in formulating color cosmetics, cosmeceuticals or sunscreens
- French reading and writing skills is a plus
Embrace the growth, opportunities and unique culture of Starshine Marketing and apply today.
We thank all applicants for their response and advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.