Design Assistant to Principal Designer/Client ServicesPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Interior Design
"Outstanding career opportunity to work with one of Australia's leading kitchen and bathroom designers"
Sublime Architectural Interiors is recognised as one of Queensland's most innovative and progressive kitchen and bathroom design and creation businesses. We complete designs national and design and construct projects through to completion around south east Queensland.
Our ongoing success, coupled with the need to provide our clients with exceptional service, means we are currently seeking a Design Assistant/Client Services individual to provide daily support to our Principal Designer and our customers/stakeholders/suppliers.
The role involves tasks such as:
- Diary management for our principal;
- Engaging with our prospective clients to understand their needs, gather design briefs and follow through the sales/design process;
- Attend client consultations and meetings;
- Manage the administrative tasks as designs/projects progress to completion;
- Prepare concepts and designs for Kitchens, Bathrooms and other joinery using our software;
- Prepare specification and contractual documents for presentation to our clients;
- Source products/services required to complete projects;
- Assist with the preparation of quotations;
- Issue and followup up accounts receivable;
- Assist the Principal in his day to day communications and tasks with clients and other project stakeholders to keep them abreast of the progress of the project through to completion;
- Complete day to day general administration and reception/studio duties for the business such as, but not limited, to collect orders, tidying the studio/reception and order office supplies/stationery.
This role may be a development pathway for someone looking to become a kitchen or bathroom designer, in their own right, in the future. However, this is a support role and to be successful, you will need to posses the following skills/attributes:
- Exceptional organisation skills;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Can do attitude;
- Attention to detail;
- Great work ethic and efficiencies;
- Workplace experience relating to this field;
- Working experience using design software such as Revit, CAD etc;
- Strong understanding of measuring and conceptual planning;
- Able to work autonomously, communicate with our customers both verbally and written within strict deadlines;
- Dedication to a career in design and the flexibility required to meet our clients expectations.
Our ideal candidate needs to have strong customer interaction skills, initiative, design sensibility and a drive to work as a small team whilst seeing a project through to completion.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application through SEEK with a cover letter addressing our requirements above, and a current resume.
Remuneration package relative to experience and ability.