Operations SchedulerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 - $59,999 negotiable based on skills
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Production, Planning & Scheduling
Our company is a leader in the specialist moving industry. With branches in Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth we aim to provide our clients exceptional service and exceed their expectations on every move.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic person who can work under pressure while maintaining high service levels in the sensitive freight industry.
Reporting to the State Manager your key responsibility will be the cost effective, efficient planning and supervision of the transport fleet within Brisbane and regional areas.
It is a fast paced environment servicing a demanding client base in sensitive freight that requires a high attention to detail whilst adhering to strict client requirements and industry standards.
Working closely within our small team you will be managing both inbound & outbound movements and ensuring that we meet our clients expectations at all times.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Cost effective Scheduling -including client liaison
- Creating interstate manifests
- Maintain Storage records accurately
- Managing a small but busy on road team
- Booking vehicle maintenance
- WHS toolbox meetings and ensuring safe work practices at all times.
- Providing quotes as required
- Correct use and checking of our IT transport system.
- Other duties as required
This is a fantastic opportunity & will require high energy levels & good customer service skills.
To-be successful in this role you will need to show the following proven qualities.
- Good geographic knowledge of Brisbane and surrounding areas.
- Good computer skills, including Excel & Word.
- Good telephone manner
- High levels of customer service.
- Willingness to succeed
- Quick thinking
- Previous operational experience
- MR truck license an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Salary will be negotiated in accordance with ability & experience
If you feel you can succeed in this role and you POSSESS the above qualities apply now.
Only applicants with a permanent resident visa and with the necessary skills and attributes for this role need apply.