Production Operators - Food Industry
Advertiser: Mexex Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Production, Planning & Scheduling
About the business
Originally established in 1991 as a Mexican food commissary. Mexex has since evolved into an industry leading Australian industrial food manufacturer.
Mexex specialises in cooking and packing of Hotfill and Aseptic dairy, oil and tomato sauces. Into sizes ranging from 50gm to 1000kg. Along with the Aseptic processing of vegetable purees.
About the role
We are looking for candidates with Food Production experience to work in all aspects of our business.
Depending on the workload your day may start in production, move to packing and end in stores so the ability to be an all rounder is essential.
Responsibilities may include:
- Packing of sealed products into cartons
- Accurate picking and packing of customer orders including labels and wrapping of pallets
- Batching of ingredients either the day before or on the day of production
- Set up, prepare and assist with maintenance of utensils and machinery for production the day before or on the day of production
- To maintain batch traceability
- To perform duties based on Mexex HACCP requirements
- Rotation of stock for both inputs and outputs FIFO
- Adhere to Departmental KPI's with a focus on complete, correct legible job cards that comply with our procedures
- To promote good communication between all team members
Skills and experience
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Prior experience in a similar role within the food industry
- Ability to multi task
- Food safety knowledge
- Commercial kitchen experience (beneficial)
- Reliable car and licence
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical
If you have production work experience within the Food Industry we would like to hear from you.
Please note that due to the expected high number of applicants only those who are successful will be contacted.
To apply for this role please click - 'Apply' and attach your resume.