Senior ICU Veterinary Nurse
Advertiser: Centre for Animal Referral and Emergency (CARE)More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $57,500 - $63,500
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
CARE is a large 24hr multidisciplinary hospital based in Collingwood (just 3km from the CBD). The hospital is staffed with an outstanding team of emergency veterinarians and nurses, working alongside specialists in internal medicine, emergency and critical care, surgery, radiology, and neurology.
CARE is seeking an enthusiastic and conscientious nurse who thrives on the “organised chaos” of trauma, injury, and acute-onset symptoms in emergency patients!
You would have 5yrs post- Cert IV (or equivalent) qualification, and the underpinning knowledge & skills required to work in an ICU environment. Previous experience in an ICU and/or specialist centre will be viewed favourably.
The successful candidate will understand the nature of shift work – with rosters that include some nights and weekends (2/4) – and thus the importance of fostering a friendly and collaborative work culture in our tight-knit team.
You will have the meticulous attention to detail required to meet CARE’s high standard of nursing, record keeping, customer service, and cleanliness.
A career at CARE will provide the successful candidate:
- The excitement and challenges that come with our interesting and varied ICU caseload.
- Mentorship and opportunities for continuing professional development. Our dedicated ICU educator, Dr Sarah Haldane (registered specialist in small animal emergency & critical care), is employed to deliver in-house training and ECC case support.
- 5 weeks annual leave and above-award remuneration (commensurate with experience).
- A friendly and welcoming team of like-minded professionals.
- An organisation that is committed to developing an environment that promotes employee well-being, satisfaction and retention. This includes access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Off-street staff parking & close proximity to public transport
The remuneration range for this position is $57,500 and $63,500 per annum, plus superannuation.
How to Apply
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Erin Gibson via the contact details below.
Applications should include a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and current CV (including contact details for three references.