Workshop / Service Department Engineer
Advertiser: Dytec TechnologyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Workshop / Service Department Engineer
We require someone with a broad experience of working with and troubleshooting computer hardware. You will work on a wide range of client equipment sent back to our office for diagnosis, repair & return. Typical items include desktops, laptops, mobile PDTs, servers, etc.
In addition to managing client repairs we will also make you responsible for setup, configuration & delivery of most new IT equipment supplied to our clients. This could be anything from preparing and configuring new desktop or laptop hardware in our office & then taking onsite to client for delivery and commissioning or onsite install of new networking equipment like switches, routers, wireless AP's, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Respond to Web Help Desk service requests and maintain accurate task log.
- Maintain computer hard drive images and regularly re-image machines and provide data recovery solutions if required.
- Diagnosing computer hardware/software faults.
- Return products under warranty to manufacturers for repair.
- Maintain, support and repair technical equipment, including desktops, printers, projectors, A/V equipment and peripherals.
- Repair of damaged laptops that are out of warranty, i.e. replacement of broken LCD screens, HDD & RAM upgrades.
- Install and deploy many different types of new IT equipment and perform hardware/software upgrades to new/existing installations.
- Keep all client documentation up to date with changes the same day they are made.
- Research equipment, software or other solutions and recommend improvements.
- Collaborate as a team member on technology initiatives and projects.
- Managing positive relationships with our technical support providers and vendors.
Experience & Essential Requirements:
You need to be comfortable dealing with and working around all sorts of computer hardware. Experience in building/assembling new computers/servers is critical to this role. If you work for or have worked within a Service Department of a computer store, then you are in the box seat for this role.
- Experience working with service ticket / job booking systems is also valued.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a similar role.
- You should be comfortable replacing LCD panels on laptops (Ultrabook’s included).
- You should be able to assemble a professional tidy (cable ties) looking new computer/server build from OEM parts (i.e. using a Case, PSU, Mainboard, CPU, RAM, etc.).
- You should be familiar with the various brands of computer/server hardware available.
- Must be a computer hobbyist to stay informed about new tech & like to tinker in your own time.
- Experience of working within a Service Department of a computer store.
- Experience working with Networking Hardware, modems, routers, etc.
- Experience installing/replacing hardware into server/comms racks.
- Sound knowledge of Windows Desktop OS's, how to repair a Windows OS, how to refresh a Windows OS etc.
- Additional knowledge of larger Microsoft ecosystem would be helpful eg Office, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to provide remote support of network and computer equipment over the phone or via RMM tools.
- Willing to work after hours to support customer outcomes
- A current driver's license.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant including support for continued skill development. A work mobile will be provided and free parking is available.
Please submit your resume along with a covering letter outlining how your skills match the selection criteria and why you are the best person for the position.