Materials Test Engineer
Advertiser: Sabre Engineering Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Materials Sciences
Sabre Medical has an opening due to expansion of our manufacturing activities to employ a full time Materials Test Engineer. The role will suit a person wanting to be involved in a wide range of medical products and services to customers. We believe the ideal candidate is a person that likes to be motivated to solve interesting problems and is able to think about solutions and implement with the team a tests and services that will address the customers challenges.
Sabre Medical employs 18 people in the medical device business, we pride ourselves on our friendly professional nature. It is a great place to work for anyone who respects that the team needs everyone to pull together equally.
Sabre Medical is an innovative company working with customers over a range of medical device technologies.
The company is over 13 years old and continues to expand to work with clients bring to market new and existing medical devices.
As an accredited company to ISO 13485, there is a continual development investing into new technologies that will manufacture medical devices. This is a role where the right person will enjoy being able to work across a range of supplied technologies both locally and from Europe.
Description of the role.
It is intended that the Materials Test Engineer would be involved with the Quality Department & Production activities. The incumbent is the direct report to the QA manager and will be given plenty of opportunity to grow their skills and plenty of scope to work with Engineering Developments on new Processes.
Main responsibilities of this role is to ensure that the company has an appropriate testing system for testing Customer products and packaging. The incumbent will be working with customers to define and generate test protocols for medical device testing and package testing. The role covers control and scheduling of testing and being the primary site contact for all testing. As the Materials Test Engineer you would oversee a program of introducing new materials to our manufacturing and customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Perform the function of Materials Test Engineer:
- Ensuring that Testing Requirements are effectively implemented and effectively maintained; This will include: working with specifications, testing schedules and discussing with suppliers and customers aspects about their manufacture.
- Work with; Internal Audit Program, the Incoming Inspection functions, Documentation Area, Quality Assurance & Control in manufacturing and Product Releases.
- Work with our Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) whenever required/appropriate, ensuring adequacy.
- Undertake Customer Complaint investigation and translate these into product and process specifications.
- Assist in developing manufacturing processes and customer projects assuring compliance of operations and products to meet specifications and requirements.
- Ensure timely generation of Test Plan protocols and product testing Results / Reports
- Work as a team member within the Quality Department and Sabre Medical, we all need to achieve great results.
- Participates in new product development/design control as needed. Other duties may be assigned, as required.
- Bachelor in a field of / Materials Science / Engineering / Biomedical or related Science field is desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A recent Graduate would be perfect
- Experience with Quality / Manufacturing experience in a Medical Devices manufacturing or Pharmaceutical environment or a regulated industry of testing.
- Desirable to have knowledge of the regulations such as ISO 13485, 21 CFR 820, Therapeutic Goods (Medical Devices) Regulations and other applicable standards.
- English with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desirable working knowledge of Continuous Improvement Tools and Process validation experience.
- Computer literate; use of Microsoft Word and Excel as a minimum.
- Capability for analytical and strategic processes.
- Team oriented skills for problem resolution and implementation of projects.
- Problem solving - logical person.
- Demonstrate initiative and responsibility for individual performance to get the job done
- Overall a person that engages with people to enjoy the work environment.
The incumbent must have the ability to work and live in Australia.
Please apply via the link.