- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Natural Resources & Water
Natural Resource Crew
Email: Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
Our Waterways and Land Delivery Team are now recruiting several Natural Resource Management (NRM) Crew Members in various locations across our region. We welcome applications from candidates keen to perform the role in areas South East, and West of Melbourne.
As a NRM Crew Member you’ll be responsible for the execution of natural resources management and occasional civil works on Melbourne Water’s Waterways and Land assets. In these hands-on positions you will be a valued member of field crews delivering works to protect our waterways, drains and water supply catchments whilst being supported with training, ongoing mentoring and coaching from dedicated and experienced Leading Hands, Team Leaders, and Supervisors.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including Staggered start and finish times, purchased leave, RDO’s, part time work. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Ability to work proactively as a member of the team, contribute fully to team decision-making and take responsibility for own role in ensuring the safety of all team members and other personnel on site
- Experience in natural resource management or civil asset maintenance/project works
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to deliver the appropriate outcomes
- Sound interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people both within Melbourne Water, external organisations and with the general public
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations
- Ability to use initiative and innovation in a range of tasks
- Victorian Driver’s license or ability to independently travel to work sites
Please note as a Waterways and Land Crew Member a Police Check and Health Assessment is required for this position.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: Position Description -Crew Member .pdf [link removed]
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.