- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Oil & Gas - Operations
To support our operations in Australia we are currently looking for qualified Rig Managers residing in Australia to join our Schlumberger Land Rigs team for a contract up to 12 months.
The Rig Manager is primarily responsible for directing all operations of the rig; including Drilling and Completion phases that will be performed by the drilling crews. This includes but not limited to; responsible for coordinating the affairs of the operating company, completing daily reports, ordering necessary supplies and ensuring compliance with safety requirements on the rig, whether required by SLR or by the client. Respond to all situations of emergency, and coordinate the rig crew to minimize the effect of any adverse situations.
- Reside in Australia and have the full right to live and work in Australia
- Must have minimum15 years experience on drilling rigs
- Must have minimum 3 years experience as Rig Manager or higher positions with excellent performance records
- Cyber rig experience
- Experience with ATD or ATS rigs with Omron Rig Power & Control Systems
- Must have a well-developed knowledge of all rig positions that lead to Rig Manager
- Physical strength and stamina
- The ability to work long hours and in extreme conditions
- Must be able to work at heights
- Able to follow directions and company policies
- Strong leadership skills are required
- Must have good training skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Valid open and manual full driver’s licence
- Must be a team player, good communicator, have sound safety appreciation, time management and competent computer skills
MUST have valid certifications:
- Clean National Police Clearance Record (less than 1 month old)
- Industry Safety Induction (formally DCGI)
- IWCF Level 4 (supervisor)
- Diploma of Drilling Oil/Gas (on shore)
- Drilling and Completions General Induction (DCGI)
- Undertake First Response to Fire
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- First Aid (including CPR)
- Enter and Work in Confined Space
- Wellsite Permit to Work (Authority and Holder)
- Working at Heights
- Operate vehicles in the field (4WD)
- Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- Awareness of Chain of Responsibility Regulations
- Fatigue Management Strategies
- Load/Unload goods/cargo
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as the Site Safety Manager with specific responsibilities for procedures, training, First Aid and Emergency Response as stipulated by the relevant legislation.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and Government regulations pertaining to the worksite.
- Supervise and monitor the day to day activities of the drilling crew which includes making sure they are motivated, working safely, and completing task in accordance to client expectations.
- Keep the Rig Superintendent updated on operations; inspects for hidden hazards, inspects lifesaving equipment and safety equipment.
- Management and reporting of all incidents in accordance with SLR policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all employees wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Leads safety meetings and pre-job safety meetings.
- Must have excellent well control skills, sustains the upkeep of rig equipment and suggests improvements, and maintains the paperwork.
- Will be expected to train & assess crew members against established competency standards and conduct performance management assessments.
- Provide and monitor action plans for identified performance/training gaps.
- Expected to identify job repairs and maintenance that needs to be conducted.
- Assist in organizing rig moves and coordinating the staff.
- Plans various rig activities such as repairs, daily maintenance of drilling fluids, rigging up or down, Rig PMS etc.
- Assess all employees on the rig against establish competency standards, providing an action plan for identified performance/training gaps.
- Sees that activities are coordinated with a minimal loss of time or effort.
- Orders rig supplies, parts, and materials anticipating and requisitioning each item so that required items are on hand when needed.
- Maintain all company paperwork in a neat, timely and orderly fashion.
- Correct unacceptable performance or conduct of crew members using SLRs disciplinary procedures.
- Be involved in the identifying of safe and suitable duties for injured workers. To be involved in, the development, progress and return to work of injured workers, whilst complying with all aspects of privacy and confidentiality.
- Injured workers will be managed in a fair and equitable manner having regard to their cultural and linguistic ability and level of literacy.
- Ensure a fitness to work such that all employees and yourself can safely respond to all situations of emergency, and be accommodated by all safety evacuation, transport and other equipment to and from rigs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons; 24 hours a day, for extended periods.
If you are looking for an exciting career in a dynamic international company, rewarding career opportunities and an attractive compensation package, we encourage you to apply.
Application: Please upload detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and work experience to:
Application is open from 07-Dec-2018 until 07-Jan-2019.
Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.