- Job Listing Date
- 7 Dec 2018
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Natural Resources & Water
Leading Hand Natural Resource Management
Email: Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
We are now recruiting Leading Hands experienced in Natural Resource Management to work in the North East region of Melbourne. Reporting to highly skilled and experienced Supervisors and Team Leaders, you will be supported and mentored to be extremely successful in this role.
You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As a Leading Hand you’ll work with and provide in field oversight to crews for delivery of natural resources management and occasional civil maintenance/project works on Melbourne Water’s Waterways and Land assets. The Leading Hand plays a critical role ensuring field crews deliver quality outcomes safely, in the most effective and efficient manner to meet agreed timeframe and budget requirements.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including Staggered start and finish times, purchased leave, RDO’s, part time work. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience and capabilities working with and leading crews in a Civil, NRM and/or Land Management, grass management, construction/maintenance environment.
- Certificate/ Diploma in Civil/Environmental disciplines or relevant related work experience
- Other qualifications such as Industry White Card, Chainsaw Ticket, Confined Space Entry, Fall Prevention, Plant Machinery competency, etc.
- Ability to take responsibility for own role in ensuring the safety of all team members and other personnel on site
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to deliver the appropriate outcomes
- Sound interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people both within Melbourne Water, external organisations and with the general public
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment to improve processes, respond to various demands and manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations
Please Note: All employees must possess a license to perform any duty which is required to be held under Australian legislation.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: Position Description - Leading Hand .pdf [link removed]
Please note a Police Check, Health Assessment and Victorian Drivers License are required for this position.
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.